Planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
Bought a bike late last year from them on cyclescheme. Overall I was happy with the service but not with the products. This year I bought some cheap neoprene gloves, two rides later the stitching has split, they are only a tenner but… Will return them at the weekend.

jack smith

Veteran
bought some tyres from them and this happened to one of them after around 60 miles, before that i ahd had 4 punctures in under 30 miles, they said "Hello

This is not common really but as a tyres is a wearable item there unfortunately is no warranty with this item in regards to this. "

i would of expected atleast a replacement offered as it seems just to be a dodgy tyre as i have had no issues with any other tyre on the same route. the other one seems to be holding up alot better than this one in paticular, it just seems the sidewalls were faulty on this rear one. second dealing i have had with them and the second issue that has arose, i think i will stay away in future.
michelin lithion 1.jpg

SS Retro

Love Planet X went in the Barnsley store with my buddy who's a local, had a nice free coffee on the retro couches and spent the next hour and half dribbling in the shop and putting a dent in my wallet. If only all bike shops could offer the range and the price PX do.

Replaced a set of RS10's last week no questions with the RS11's plus £10 credit as they are cheaper than the RS10's were last year, plus a new 2 year warranty, what can you say. :thumbsup:

bought some tyres from them and this happened to one of them after around 60 miles, before that i ahd had 4 punctures in under 30 miles, they said "Hello

This is not common really but as a tyres is a wearable item there unfortunately is no warranty with this item in regards to this. "

i would of expected atleast a replacement offered as it seems just to be a dodgy tyre as i have had no issues with any other tyre on the same route. the other one seems to be holding up alot better than this one in paticular, it just seems the sidewalls were faulty on this rear one. second dealing i have had with them and the second issue that has arose, i think i will stay away in future.
View attachment 39268
They said the same about the front spoke that broke the week before, which to be fair I understand after nearly a year.
Punctures happen I have had a couple in my gatorskins but not because the tyre was punctured, one was a failed patch the other from a pinch puncture and thats like nearly 5,000 miles.
I have to presume you haven't hit anything to cause that, otherwise it is a manufacturing fault and I would pursue it, because if its a batch fault who knows what could happen.

jack smith

Veteran
They got returned to michelin and they replaced them with their top of the line pro4's and tubes:smile: Planet X eventually gave me 9.99 back but that only covered one tyre

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've bought a bike and loads of stuff from them, no problems.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Waiting on a wheel set and they have sent an email every day saying they are overwhelmed with orders but giving an update on the progress so although it might be a few days later than expected i cant fault the customer service so far .

Waiting on a wheel set and they have sent an email every day saying they are overwhelmed with orders but giving an update on the progress so although it might be a few days later than expected i cant fault the customer service so far .
That happen when I ordered the RS10's last year, I think I ordered the Mon and got them the Thur with them saying they were stuck behind stuff in the warehouse.

maltloaf

I tweeted them last night about an offer ending before they had got back to me with an answer to a tech query.

I had a reply in minutes, an email a few minutes after that and an email from their chief operating officer today, all trying to help me out.

Can't fault that, imho.

Top Bottom