Planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gains84

I bought an RT-57 recently and had no issues, looks awesome in the flesh and internally routed cables make it look very streamlined...ashamed to say iv not actually ridden it yet as its my first carbon bike and iv psyched myself out so far with weather as i dont want to get it wet/fall off of it just yet!:S
Also bought random components/clothing and no probs then either so id give them the thumbs up!:smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
never tried one, but there are plenty on the saturday club run who ride them, so they can't be too bad…

D

Deleted member 26715

Great, thanks all, I went to the shop in Rotherham yesterday and had a go on the RT-57 on the runners. Bikes looked nice, I think it may be top of my list at the moment, especially with full set ultegra as well.
I went in there just before Christmas, most unhelpful bike shop, filled with the most self righteous bunch of jerks I had ever been in, not impressed at all, got the feeling as an older gentleman who only cycles for pleasure & not a way of life I wasn't worthy of their attention. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day, or the fact that all I was after was a MTB gunk filled MTB inner tube.

Alan...

LimeBurn

Über Member
Never had a single problem with them and used them quite a bit - I dont use them for mail order though as I'm from Sheffield so its easier to pop in.

ayceejay

Guru
I think they are fine until you have a problem. ask a technical question and it will be acknowledged and then ignored, give feed back to the CEO and he will make promises he doesn't keep.

D

Deleted member 26715

As said only ever once been into the Rotherham shop, but my concern would be if they showed me contempt when I was wanting to spend money, what would they be like if there was an issue.

Alan..

OP
OP
Piemanpaul

Piemanpaul

Regular
Ok, a friend of a friend has put me onto canyon, he reckons their frames are outstanding, I've had a look at the spec on the ultimate CF SL 7.0 and they are not as good as the Planet X bikes. Not sure if the extra £400 is worth it for the frame, would like to know your thoughts, cheers.

D7JAB

They are awesome! Don't bother emailing them tho, do everything by phone as they don't reply very quick by email. I got a Pro Carbon road bike from them and the bike and service is A1
Also had a pro bike fit by them and the guy was brilliant and the position is Perfect. 10/10

NorvernRob

I bought my first road bike from them last month, they were really helpful when I was looking and I had no problems at all - they even offered me £100 off a full Ultegra 6800 upgrade on an RT57 and I'd never been in the shop before. I've also bought other bits and pieces both in store and online and not had any issues.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I have an RT-57.

Cracking bike, and never had any problems with Planet X service - although as stated above, it's always best to pick up the phone rather than emailing as they can be a tad tardy responding to mails.

shortone

When in to the Sheffield store on Saturday and purchased a n2a Ultegra 6800.
The whole process with straight forward and very friendly. Each and every question about a product was answered in a reassuringly professional manor.
By the time I left, I felt confident that each and every aspect of my bike was chosen to best suit me and not to meet sales targets. Bloody good job for 2K.
Just need to patiently wait up to 2 weeks for the bike to be built and delivered.

Top Bottom