Planned Routes..Sort of.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ashimoto

Who else starts off on a ride with a specific route in mind then ends up going off on a tangent not knowing where you'll end up ?.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Who else starts off on a ride with a specific route in mind then ends up going off on a tangent not knowing where you'll end up ?.
I thought that was the whole point of leisure cycling.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Normally stick to a route, But if the weather is good and everyone is ridding well, i will often extend the rides, but i always no where i am heading, you never get lost you just do more miles. :okay:
I do go exploring if i am ridding alone, Some people start to panic if they think there ride leader is lost.:laugh:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I often used to plan a route and not even go out. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

I try to plan a route & stick to it, unfortunately the bridleways are often that badly signposted I end up places I either shouldn't be, or certainly didn't intend to be.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I vary according to how I'm feeling. Went out on Sunday and was so enjoying the fresh breeze and sunshine that I diverted over the Nick of Pendle then threw in a climb of Whalley Nab. Rides nowadays are about quality, not quantity.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good question that.
In the winter I tend to stick to a plan as I am only keeping bike fit. I know what will give me 10/15/20 miles and am glad to get home.
Summer, on the hard tail (now my hybrid) I will enjoy branching out. I get a kick out of thinking "I wonder where that goes" and off I go.
Not in the same league as many on here. 40 miles does me fine so I dont digress too much.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
My group of midweek oldies usually starts with a planned route to a cafe and back.

Deviations occur when someone says something on the lines of "Shall we just go over Birdy**?" or similar.

Last Wednesday it was "Is it OK if we turn right here?" (The route was left). After a few miles I inquired "Why are we down here!" Reply "Oh I'm riding the TT on Saturday. I wanted to check the course!" :eek:

We also have the famous "Where are we going today?" To which the reply is always "All roads lead to Chipping" - that one is a long story, you had to be there 😄

** Birdy Brow is a beast of a climb in Lancashire. A favourite.

Top Bottom