Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Buffalo Tom? was listening to Let me come over, only today on portable music device while cycling. Like it but never followed my interest up. 1992 that was.
Good night was it?

indeed... they played Velvet Roof and Taillights Fade from that classic. shame they have never got the real respect they deserve, Janovitz is a great songwriter.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I know I could look it up but it's better to ask a real goose. Have they done much in the way of albums since 1992?

Will you be having a festive hat?

they have had a fair few... Big Red Letter Day is very good. then there's Smitten and Sleepy Eyed. the new one Three Easy Pieces is pretty good. they have had an A-sides cd too (and B-Sides one). I'm sure i've missed something, but i'm tired and can't think.

and, no... i f***ing detest xmas

Hugo15

Über Member
Made it to the cafe with the family yesterday. I had just finished a yummy bowl of Broccoli and Yorkshire Blue cheese soup when Daughter #1 was sick right in the middle of the cafe :biggrin:. Think she must have picked up one of the bugs that seem to being going round at school. So that was the end of that. Had a nice 40 minute trip home with the faint aroma of sick for company, which got even worse when she was sick again in the car (fortunately we have a supply of bags in the car having learnt the had way!). The joys of having kids!!!

I took Mrs L on a surprise outing to Paris yesterday, and bought her a handbag made out of real spotty animal stuff. And, as we got on the train, having consumed a good deal of champagne to help her over the shock, I opened the envelope she'd told me to chuck in the bin. It was an invitation to become a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. So, all in all, a good start. And sixty miles in 'exciting' weather this morning was just as good. And, from 'jarret sur un lit de choucroute' to 'The Full Net Breakfast' (at a fishing club) in twelve hours can't be bad.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Crackle said:
This is where my mistake stemmed from: I thought you were on the left. That assumption probably betrays some deep psychological makeup within me.......:biggrin:

Still, it is a big choppper :biggrin::biggrin:

I was not trying to mislead anyone with that photo, but I thought it would be followed by questions about who was who, as in some of the previous posts, on that thread. No one queried it, so I kept quiet. I knew (in the nicest possible way) that someone would get the wrong idea.:biggrin:

It's a good job I was not wearing the great big badge I was given to celebrate my birthday, that would really be giving a secret away.:sad:
The gentleman on the left was the Captain/Pilot of the helicopter.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
simon l& and a half said:
I took Mrs L on a surprise outing to Paris yesterday, and bought her a handbag made out of real spotty animal stuff. And, as we got on the train, having consumed a good deal of champagne to help her over the shock, I opened the envelope she'd told me to chuck in the bin. It was an invitation to become a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. So, all in all, a good start. And sixty miles in 'exciting' weather this morning was just as good. And, from 'jarret sur un lit de choucroute' to 'The Full Net Breakfast' (at a fishing club) in twelve hours can't be bad.

You sound like a remarkable husband!

ash68

Speicher said:
Tomorrow I am going to collect my Birthday and Christmas present from me to me. Say it very quietly - a c*r :biggrin:.

It is very dark blue, built like a tank or a fighter jet (hint, hint). I think there is enough room in the back for my bicycle. :biggrin:

Did you get your new c*r yesterday then? Bet you've been for a drive in it already. Not christmas yet you know:biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
ash68 said:
Did you get your new c*r yesterday then? Bet you've been for a drive in it already. Not christmas yet you know:biggrin:

Yes I have been out in it today, got to make sure its goes, haven't I.
There appears to be a very small technician living under the bonnet and pressing all the buttons on the computerised co-efficient comlamitor.

I decided to move the seat forward and up, and he adjusts it microscopically and smoothly. I turned the heating down and he decided that the turbo blower should operated for a few minutes to reduce the heat more quickly. If I have a passenger in the front seat, they can have a different temperature to mine. He displays the fuel consumption, and your average speed for that particular trip. From the driver's seat I have control of all of the windows. Fortunately, he (or she):biggrin: does not speak, as I have limited cognisance of the Swedish language :biggrin:. He also adjusts the power steering according to my speed. He seems to be able to communicate to pedestrians that this is a largish vehicle approaching them, and that I am visible. However, other vehicles seem to think it is imperative to overtake me, someone tried to undertake me, but we achieved mach2 and lost him.:biggrin: Apparently he was very mischevious last week at the garage and kept himself occupied by unlocking and locking himself for no good reason. I am trying to think of a name of "he who is under the bonnet". Any suggestions?

ash68

me thinks he/she should have a swedish name, Bjorn,Benny, agnetha, Frida, Sven, Olaf or is that Norweigian? Henrick. That's you're lot I'm afraid. Point is, what you going to call him/she if the central locking plays up and you're locked out in the p**sing rain:ohmy:. Am I right in thinking it is a Volvo? Sounds very high tech with all the gadgets and you're own mini technician under the bonnet. :biggrin:

Top Bottom