1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plans for the weekend?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by longers, 18 Jan 2008.

1. longers

longers Veteran

Much on?

I was going to watch my first cyclo-cross race. Turns out it was last week so I won't bother.

2. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Where was it?

I am doing websites in between ferrying kids about and wasting time on here.

3. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

Sheffield. It would have made a nice ride out and back.

4. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Surprised they had a race clashing with the National Trophy in Derby.

5. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

might get a cheeky 20 miler in if i'm lucky, or the cat and fiddle and back.

6. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I believe there's 'cross at Wakefield on Sunday. Is that far from you?

7. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

what route did they take? blacka moor? ;)
    where were you going to watch from?

8. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Gonna sit back and work on the mullet.

9. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

If the weather is good on Sunday, then i am going to go on the club ride again. So i'm hoping for no rain, and no wind.
    I'm hoping. ;)

10. Its supposed to dry up finally here tomorrow so I might go out on a ERC club run. Its supposed to windy however and my winter bike's a flat bar (Sirrus) so I may opt for a slower group.

11. Hugo15

Hugo15 Über Member

Taking my five year old daughter and three of her friends to Pizza Hut for her birthday lunch tomorrow.

Hope to get to see a lot of the HC rugby over the weekend too, starting with Saracens vs Glasgow now (with a break for Mrs Hugo15 to watch what happens to Vera Duckworth in Corra!!).

Fingers crossed for some decent weather so I can get a few miles in on Sunday morning.

12. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

I thought I'd have a look at the starty bit, then wander round to a difficult technical looking bit and possibly watch the finish as well ;).

13. cannondale boy

cannondale boy Über Member

Stuck in bed with the cold...so won't be doing anything boo hoo ;)

14. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

It'd do me for the Metric Century this month. Have you got any details please?

15. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

The best way to see a cross race is to walk round the course in the opposite direction - make sure you keep WELL out of the way - tucked in well off the course when anyone approaches.

Riders will also appreciate a bit of encouragement.