Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Well, at the moment I'm feeling slightly p*ssed. I don't normally drink but had a bit of a bum week, so thought I'd consume a lot of alcohol. Carlsberg Edge, very nice got citrus stuff in it, glad I got this as if I went for the usual Stella I wouldn't be able to drink as much, as I'm a bit of a lightweight. 8 bottles for £5. On my fourth at the moment. I aim to drink all 8.
I was supposed to be in paris, but my car broke down on the way to the airport. So we missed our flight. Bummer. Not only that, but my car is sh@gged. The timing belt snapped so I hope it hasn't damaged the piston as the car won't be worth repairing otherwise. I can't afford a new one. Never mind, at least I have a bicycle.
We walked up Snowdon on Weds and I have cycled about 18 miles today and yesterday, which is good really as a) I was bored and xx( I ate a whole carrot cake to myself and feel fat.
I am planning on going cycling tomorrow as the weather forecast looks good. That depends on my head of course, but it isn't as if I can get done for drink driving anyway. I am planning to cycle to my dads to borrow he van. I tell you, both my dad and partner are paranoid that I don't have a car. To be honest I don't really care. I have a bicycle. I only work 4 miles away from home and my partner keeps trying to take me food shopping. But to keep them quiet I will borrow the van and leave it on the drive. Monday forecast looks good as does Tuesday. So I shall be cycling to work anyway, and I'm sure my car will be fixed by some time next week.
Oh, and some arse today wound the window down and shouted something at me. I presume as I held my ground as a horse wagon (and resulting tailback) was on the other side of the road, and they wanted to pass me. Sorry but I had no intention of cycling in the gutter and refused to move over for them to squeeze past. It wasn't as if they were held up for more than a few seconds either. So when they could go safely past they shouted something out the window. couldn't hear what they said but gave them the finger anyway. Lucky they didn't stop or they'd have gone away with a damaged car and broken nose.

col

Legendary Member
Well i was going to be working,but because i took a day off yesterday,to finish my training for my new job,which i had spoken to and explained all about,the day before,iv been suspended on pay,until monday,when there is a hearing for gross missconduct?xx(

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
So, to punish you for taking a day off unpaid, they've made you take a day off paid?
Barstards!
*thinks about this some more*
*realises makes no sense whatsoever*

simonali

Guru
Going to the in-laws tomorrow to fit a fan heater in their bathroom for them. Sunday - no plans, but may go for a drive and look for a new house?

Also got the whole of next week off too, in case you were wondering why no cycling were 'appenin'!

stevenb

Tomorrow I'll warm up on teh turbo....then when the forecasted mist has gone I'll be out doing approx 50 miles.
Sunday I'm hopefully covering the 100km course that I'm due to ride on 2nd March.
C'mon weather......hold up for us..pretty please... :smile:

Forecast looks OK for up here. Planning to get out on Sunday for 60 miles+:smile:. Various things to do about the house tomorrow:sad:

trio25

Über Member
Tomorrow spending time with the OH, sunday riding the lanes round leek with a friend who is a lot faster than me.

postman

Legendary Member
Nice day forcasted in Leeds for saturday.So meeting up with our newbie Charles.Well keen on his cycling now.Keep his riding flat for him.So Wetherby to York area or to Knaresbrough for the full monty breakfast.We will let him decide.

gbb

Legendary Member
TheDoctor said:
Whereabouts? We're going in November, to some spa hotel that's been advertising in the weekend papers for a few weeks. Hope they have bikes to borrow, otherwise I'll have to lounge around drinking all week, and where's the fun in that?:biggrin:

Checking out a route to St Albans tomorrow, and starting to build the carbon uberbike this evening.:smile:

Sliema...near Valetta i think Doc.
Everyone i've talked to said they loved it, allthough they hav'nt been there at this time of year. Very hot in the summer...similar to Cyprus at this time of year.
Booked late, just want a week away to do sod all, hopefuly warmer than here....although judging by todays lovely sunshine....:sad::biggrin:

Wobbly John

Veteran
I don't have to work on Saturday, so in between chores, I'll try to fit a circuit of some local roads.

Sunday I'll be marshalling our club 'Hardriders' time trial - making sure Wafflycat's offspring doesn't go the wrong way :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
col said:
Well i was going to be working,but because i took a day off yesterday,to finish my training for my new job,which i had spoken to and explained all about,the day before,iv been suspended on pay,until monday,when there is a hearing for gross missconduct?:smile:

That's harsh col, but it will make leaving for the new job that much sweeter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Band practice tomorrow, after returning one of my guitars to the repair shop to make them mend it properly this time. Then either a nature reserve or a steam railway visit (Ms RT and I are currently arguing the toss on this issue) with my camera on Sunday. Probably won't be cycling anywhere - I can't work up any interest in just going out for a ride, I have to be going somewhere.

Top Bottom