Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Food, tea, sex, cycling, TV and sleeping. Not in that order

frog

Our garden has a 2mm layer of topsoil, a few inches of clay and then great lumps of chalk, all with an unhealthy seasoning of bits of flint. War has been declared and the main battery was wheeled out this afternoon - a petrol rotavator.

It's bloody great! My arms and back ache from trying to hang on to the thing but I've got almost a thrid of the garden into a lovely tilth down to a foot or so :biggrin:. In the process it's chucked enough flint bits to give me about half what I'll need to add to some concrete to make a path to the shed and compost heap.

I'll probably be crawling around on my belly mewing in pathetic agony by the end of Saturday but our garden will be well on way to being productive this year. :smile:

Just bring on the pain, and the petrol!

Dave5N

Über Member
walker said:
out tonight rounds mates, take away and a few beers. Tomorrow it's meant ot be raining really badly so might just do the shopping, watch Some Simpsons on DVD and rest.
Sunday meant to be racing, but again if it's chucking it down I can't be bothered.

What sort of a nattitude is that? :biggrin:

doing my first 100 miler tomorrow in prep for the etape,crash saturday night in front of new 40" lcd tv:smile: big fat chinese or something equivalent:tongue: and then Sunday ,collect my new dream machine for the etape A spesh roubaix expert with a triple (CHEAT) and sometime in between all that WORK !!!

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
dan_bo said:
By the way longers, do you fancy meeting up for an isle of skye/ holme moss do from greenfields sometime? from the sounds of it you're local (ish)

Sounds good :biggrin:. You got PM.

Maybe others from round here fancy it too?

papercorn2000

Crackle said:
I think we're away to the bright light(s) of Inverness, ice skating, swimming, restaurant, maybe Urquhart castle on the way and the cinema.

Whoa, just noticed where you live. That is like remote man!

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
im taking the commuter (70s carlton continental) to bits to get the frame resprayed. Will probably spend next weekend putting it back together

ash68

work tomorrow morning, chores & shopping in the afternoon. Sunday out with my new club mates , The Tyne Valley Cycling club , for a good hard cycle ride. ;)

NickM

Veteran
Well, we would have been getting in some cycling miles on Sunday, but MsM is rather stiff and sore after being literally pushed off her bike by some bullying subhuman yob leaning out of a white van on Thursday ;) :ohmy: :biggrin: so the walking season will be extended by one more weekend.

Top Bottom