Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
NickM said:
Well, we would have been getting in some cycling miles on Sunday, but MsM is rather stiff and sore after being literally pushed off her bike by some bullying subhuman yob leaning out of a white van on Thursday ;) :ohmy: :biggrin: so the walking season will be extended by one more weekend.

That's sickening to hear Nick, I hope it has been reported?

Where, when did it happen?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Kirstie said:
Riding my bike and going to Loughborough Folk Festival. It's got a fantastic line up and it's going to be an expensive one if I can't stop myself buying lots of CDs. Unsurprisingly, Lau are playing. Woo hoo!
Loughborough, remember it well from working in Shepshed.
Wunt it. Dunt it. Kunt it country. !

trio25

Über Member
I'm riding on the track tomorrow, a taster session. Then probably a short mountain bike ride in the afternnon, just thinking about maybe a short evening ride on the mountain bike today as well.

NickM

Veteran
domtyler said:
That's sickening to hear Nick, I hope it has been reported?

Where, when did it happen?
Thanks dom (and fossyant). It was in Epping Forest on Thursday morning, luckily going uphill (so slow) and the fall was onto a reasonably soft landing place, so injuries were minor. But I'm sure the culprit wasn't thinking of that... somebody who goes around assaulting grandmothers wouldn't, would they? Having pushed 3 of a group of 5 cyclists off their bikes, they then drove a bit further down the road and slapped a runner across the face.

But! Police think they have identified the vehicle, two victims reckon they could identify the perp, and there are two independent witnesses. So we shall see - maybe justice will eventually be done...

...if hanging is restored in time, that is :wacko:

Plax

Guru
W*rk, w*rk and more w*rk. Lapping in the overtime. I can't decide whether to buy an action camera with the extra money, or be sensible and use it to pay for my up and coming buildings and contents insurance.........

Abitrary

today, in the queue at tesco, some weird little blond kid starting singing that high pitched opera bit from the original Star Trek theme, whilst staring me in the eye.

I was scared yet tranfixed, until he went off to pick up and shake some easter egg boxes, always singing that tune.

Hugo15

Über Member
Looks like I won't be getting out on the bike today. Mrs Hugo15 was sick during the night so I have to help look after the kids. Weather is great too.

trio25

Über Member
I nipped out at 4:30pm yesterday and was glad i did, the rain stopped and I had a great ride.

Elmer Fudd said:
Loughborough, remember it well from working in Shepshed.
Wunt it. Dunt it. Kunt it country. !

Mind your Ks Elmer...:sad:
Yes there were some bizarre accents around the place, the likes of which I'd never heard before. But what a weekend! Managed to get out on the bike in the morning of both Sat and Sun, and headed up to Loughborough around lunchtime. Saw some fantastic acts - Flook; Coope Boyes and Simpson, John Kirkpatrick, Lau (the best by far and they signed my t shirt and might play our village hall in 2009 cos they're now showbiz friends of mine, well kinda...hurray for us!!), Martin Simpson, Waterson Carthy; Julie Fowlis loads more I forgot...got interviewed by Radio Sheffield about the whole thing and particularly how great Lau were, had conversations with two of my accordion heros - Shona Kipling and Martin Green...and heard two really great lectures - one by Shirley Collins about her song collecting in the US deep south in the 50s (many of the songs feature in the film 'O brother where art thou') and a brilliant lecture by Tony Benn (yes, THE Tony Benn) with music from Roy Bailey on the history of dissent through song. Gosh blimey it was marvellous!! And the real ale gave me wind, and unfortunately everyone else too so the auditorium was mighty farty by sunday evening.

Top Bottom