Plans for the Weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
fossyant said:
Just gone to sit out in the garden with the laptop and a glass of wine....

<Vegetarians and lefties look away>

Spent morning making rifle ammunition. Afternoon spent shopping and then rabbit shooting. Tomorrow will be spent on the rifle range.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I won't ask how you make rifle ammo - well have the coppers round on us - terrorist issues you know !!

fossyant said:
I won't ask how you make rifle ammo - well have the coppers round on us - terrorist issues you know !!

It's only to be done by law abiding people like me who hold a Firearms Certificate. The rest of you need just wait for the police coming round. ;)

stevenb

The Velvet Curtain said:
Went gliding today, did a full take-off and tow to 3000ft in full control - no instructor input for the first time. Dead chuffed. Listening to the 10th Anniversary special edition of Moon Safari by Air tonight whilst sipping a couple of glasses of New World Pinot Grigio.

Tomorrow it's raining so I'll lounge around scratching myself.

Where did you go to do your Gliding?
I live just down the road from the London Gliding club based in Dunstable.:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Patrick Stevens said:
It's only to be done by law abiding people like me who hold a Firearms Certificate. The rest of you need just wait for the police coming round. :biggrin:

Is that like a CRB check - no good at all especially if it's your first 'big' offence then...... :sad:;)

Only kidding......:ohmy:

Haitch

Flim Flormally
My plans for the weekend had been a full English breakfast for dinner on Friday evening (my son's idea) followed by a kick-about on the drive. Saturday was to be a club tour and Sunday out riding with my girlfriend on her new road bike.:smile::smile::smile:

I had not planned on six hours in A&E on Friday evening after breaking a metatarsal in my foot during the kick-about on the drive.:smile::angry::biggrin:

Still, the Full English was good.

dudi

I had planned on topping the 100 miles in a weekend mark... but i was restricted to cycling only in the mornings (more and more I'm "Needed" back by mid-day).

I managed to squeeze in 68 miles yesterday morning, and had planned a route for the extra 33 miles today... but i woke up and felt crappy so didn't go out.

Instead I've just spet the morning putting back together my fixie, after it's respray & decal afair.

this afternoon I will be studying chemistry. oh joy.

Alan H said:
I had not planned on six hours in A&E on Friday evening after breaking a metatarsal in my foot during the kick-about on the drive.:biggrin::smile:!:sad:

Ouch! That's a proper footballing injury though, you could exaggerate that one quite nicely :smile:

TVC

stevenb said:
Where did you go to do your Gliding?
I live just down the road from the London Gliding club based in Dunstable.:smile:

Steve, I fly at Husbands Bosworth one of the countrys biggest clubs, it's on the Leics/Northants border.
If you've not soared before I do recommend taking a trial flight, if you fancy bouncing along at 2000ft in something no more substantial than a bath tub then you will love it.

Noodley said:
Cheers :sad:

I'll be setting off about 7am and hopefully I'll be back home before 2am on Monday. Not planning on being quick, especially as there is a strongish wind forecast - although I do hope the wind will be favourable at some point.

How'd the ride go? Sunday turned out to be very nice here. I got my longest ride of the year in 89mile (143km). My fore arms got a bit burnt, hopefully summer is here:smile:

Top Bottom