'play' with look pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robsy

I bought a pair of KE Classics to find there was some play in the pedals so sent them back. The seller said the others seemed to do the same.
Probably should have gone back to Shimano at that point but saw some KE2 Max at half price and ordered them to find these also have play coming from the spindle.
Has anyone else here had this problem?
I haven't ridden these yet so can't say whether this can be felt when riding.

Thanks
Rob

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I have had Look KEO's for several years and even after a couple of thousand miles there is no discernible play.

adscrim

Veteran
I've got look keo classics on my winterbike, the current pedals have done 2 winters and a daily commute for two years and are showing no signs of play. I've got keo 2 max pedals on my summer bike - there is no play in these either. Did you buy the two sets from the same place?

martint235

Dog on a bike
As with the other respondents, I've had Keo Classics on my commuter bike for a couple of years. I'd guess I've done upwards of 8,000 miles on them with no play at all.

There has been a couple of similar problems - the bearings and cones within the pedal are set up much the same as a wheel hub. So just like a wheel you can make it freer running by setting just a tiny amount of play in the cones/bearings which it seems they have done.

I would try them out and if you can feel the play then get them replaced or adjusted.

Top Bottom