Please don't like me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Tl;dr: Man attempts to navel gaze the social media universe, falls in. Warning: clicking on that link at work, if you’re still going in, may get your colleagues wondering if you’re a Gray’s Anatomy fetishist.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I get it. The problem is, once you’re in, you’re in. I understand that most people probably do it reflexively, which is fine, but to me, it would be another little headache. Which is of no nevermind, we’ve all got our quirks. I brought it up originally because indeed I did feel a bit churlish and aloof, and in ‘splaining myself, hoped it might spark an interesting discussion.

I never expected chickens. They’re just a bonus.

I like to slip some chickens in from time to time, just to wrong foot anyone getting too complacent..

Are 'virtual' or Tantric Likes OK inasmuch I like a post but do not actually tap on the Like button?

It's OK @PeteXXX

We can still feel the cosmic up draught of your tantric likes.
It's like being wrapped in a warm cloak of affirmation.

Here's an impossibly cute kitty, by way of thanks..

Last edited:
OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
It's OK @PeteXXX
We can still feel the cosmic up draught of your tantric likes.
It's like being wrapped in a warm cloak of affirmation.
MZc8gPI.jpg

Sorry, I can’t turn off my mental photo stock gallery, which is constantly being triggered. I’m taking a chance with this one, because it really needs to be put in a thread about the male gaze or something.

. . .

It would definitely be easier to just hit the damn dopamine Like button already. As I mentioned at the top, it’s always nice to be liked (for whatever reason), and the feeling of guilt at not reciprocating is real. Fortunately my CC experience isn’t completely overshadowed by it. There’s too much else to be getting on with. I’m slowly working my way through another classic British sitcom, idly flipping through my memory for additions to the Absolutely random photo of anything thread, being dragged down memory lane in Debates from the old days, studiously avoiding The Retirement Thread for fear it will age me instantly, and monitoring News & Current Affairs for the Russians (it’s a nice little side earner).

View: https://youtu.be/0U6ZS2NAShI

Don’t have time to be searching for a completely apropos scene, so I just grabbed one and was pleasantly surprised by the truth in advertising. The Americans was about Russian spies embedded in domestic life. It was frakking awesome.

I 'like' things not necessarily if I agree with the poster's opinion. Even if I disagree with, if the point is well made, I may give it a like. People will construe this as me agreeing with that viewpoint, but that's not always the case. I also like if someone has made an effort to post a pic, but again, not always.

I've started not liking things (such as youtube videos) if I expect a certain standard of video from that youtuber. If s/he has gone above and beyond what they normally produce, i may give a like.
I LIKEd this post - although I didn't agree with any of it - because the grammar was above your normal standard.

mustang1

Guru
So a little bit like tipping, which is quite big in the States for reasons having to do with appalling wages. (I’ve probably distantly TMN’d someone in making that comparison. ) I tip, btw. I’m not Mr Pink.

View: https://youtu.be/V4sbYy0WdGQ

In America, you give a tip, then a gratuity, then a service charge. A bizarre place. Oh, and you have a hotel room, there are a huge number of fees added on. Javits, tax, room tax, a whole bunch of others. Weird weird weird.

Top Bottom