Please Help Me Bike Survey

DO YOU ACCEPT BAMBOO AS A BIKE FRAME MATERIAL?

• YES

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • NO

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • IF I KNEW MORE ABOUT IT MAYBE

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I think your questions are flawed as it provides no understanding of the reasons behind peoples statements. At this time I would not buy a bamboo bike, not because I lack interest or curiosity but because some bamboo production is far from green, it is damaging the enviroment and causing biodiversity problems and toxic dioxins due to being treated with chlorine.

OP
OP
B

BambooBikes

okay thanks. people's statements will help me come up with a hypothesis
their angle isn't that their green its that it . It has greater strength than steel, it produces a stiff frame for better power transmission, it is very good at damping vibration which leads to a smoother ride and it is also very damage tolerant

Another @DCLane student?

Done.

But ...

Q5 demands I tick an answer even if I want to respond with an "other" option
Q9 & Q10 what are "our" bikes? £1750 may be reasonable if it has top end kit, but not it it all came off a low end BSO. You need to look at the competition and what do you offer over them.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
okay thanks. people's statements will help me come up with a hypothesis
their angle isn't that their green its that it . It has greater strength than steel, it produces a stiff frame for better power transmission, it is very good at damping vibration which leads to a smoother ride and it is also very damage tolerant

Although Bamboo has greater tensile strength (or resistance to being pulled apart) than steel respective to its weight in other areas the properties of Bamboo are less desirable. Bamboo swells and weakens dramatically with water absorption, in line with this the properties of the material change. I am yet to see a bike frame of a few years old that does not contain a scratch or marking on the frame, have you?.
On a painted steel surface history has shown us that this damaged is only cosmetic while on bamboo it will permit water into the untreated surface which permits the the structural integrity of the frame to be impacted.
Although Bamboo has exceptional strength respective to its weight, the fact remains you have no control over this strength or stiffness, you can not for example create areo profiles without impacting the strength of the structure, you can not induce different thickness or shapes into the construction to achieve the desired characteristics and weight.
It is for these reasons that the material is not used in aerospace extensively, or the wind turbine industry.... The engineers lack the ability to control and define how the structure delivers its properties, imho its good for scaffolding and reinforcing concrete, but not for a complicated structure like a high performance bike.

Same problem as Touché. I provided an answer in the 'other' option but it wouldn't let me progress on that, I had o select an alternative. Unlike Touché, I quit here.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
It just plain didn't work on ipad, sorry!

Also reasons to cycle need and answer that says 'because I like going weeeeee on a bike'.

Top Bottom