Please help me make a decision!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Yes the Defy is through eBay. I've bought a number of second hand bikes, some through eBay and never had a problem. You pay your money and take your chances. Ordinarily I wouldn't worry. However at this price you are in the same range as brand new bikes. Therefore I could have piece of mind with a nice warranty or take the same risk I have always taken.

Ridden carbon for a few years now and never had an issue. However they are not infallible and there are many 'my mates carbon bike...' stories out there. As for the "Alan Sugar" Propel....each to their own I guess. I like it, but realise it's not to everyone's taste.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Warranty wouldn't bother me.

You are buying a quality product which is unlikely to fail catastrophically, and you have the nous to inspect the bike thoroughly before buying.

Bike makers, in my experience, are often unwilling to pay a big claim.

Even if the frame cracks, Giant might say it was your fault.

If a relatively cheap component fails, you can use the saving over new to self-insure.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Only 2 meet all of your requirements with one of those on a long lead time and you are unable to see it.

think you may have answered your own question - the defy!

Before I just looked at the pics and blurted "Propel!!!" But now that I've actually read the post :smile: I agree, Defy, and at such a great price.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
The Rose, without a shadow of a doubt, I find the rest of them quite ugly.

As they say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.
Aesthetically I find the Rose least appealing, although a fantastic bike I am sure. On looks it would be the Venge all the way.

Top Bottom