Please help me make a decision!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In my experience, once you want a new bike, even if you have no idea what you will do with it, you will get one...

Just wondering if I'm the only nerd who saw the thread title and poster and chuckled about Heisenberg's Uncertainty?

I'd go for the Defy, but only if it's fully documented (the warranty won't apply anyway, it's Original Owner-only) but at least you'll know its provenance. I'd also make sure that both it and you are insured, as again, you probably wouldn't benefit from whatever crash replacement scheme Giant UK offer, should anything happen.

Nice dilemma to have, though! ^_^

Gert Lush

If it were me I would get the Rose, the lead time would just add to the excitement for me and in my opinion, it's by far the sexiest bike there. But having what you wrote about each bike, it's pretty obvious you want the Venge.

Get the Venge and have no regrets of what you could have had :smile:

goody

Veteran
Rose has a great spec and paint job, has an air of exclusivity, gets great reviews, is a good price.
But those seat stays! What were they thinking?

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Maybe they have taste.

Meeow!! ^_^

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
A real mix of 'follow your heart and buy the Venge' to 'follow your head and buy the Defy'.
Nobody loving the Boardman, Propel, a couple for Rose. The Venge upgraded to Di2 will bring it in at £2800 whereas the defy is already at £500 less. Surely I would be crazy to spend an extra £500?

I think we are down to one choice, the Defy? Endurance Bike of the Year 2016!
Seems like you may have helped me decide. Thank you.

The Bianchi? I might be indecisive, but aren't deluded. :giggle:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Giants are a bit too common for some people.

But, and it's a big but, the one you are looking at in stealth black doesn't look like a Giant, it could be a Rose or a Canyon.

Big plus in my opinion.

goody

Veteran
Just watched a bit on the london bike show. The Dolan DR1 looks interesting. Couldn't see the full specs on their website, I'd be interested in anything with, Di2, Hydraulic discs, through axles, clearance for 28mm tyres, edging towards comfort rather than out and out stiffness, sub 7.5kg.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

Giants are a bit too common for some people.

But, and it's a big but, the one you are looking at in stealth black doesn't look like a Giant, it could be a Rose or a Canyon.

Big plus in my opinion.

Don't put me off now I am decided! :thumbsdown:
I too think the stealth bomber black is pretty sweet. Full black on black accessories as I upgrade over time. I will need my fluro jacket / jersey though or I will be practically invisible.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

Just watched a bit on the london bike show. The Dolan DR1 looks interesting. Couldn't see the full specs on their website, I'd be interested in anything with, Di2, Hydraulic discs, through axles, clearance for 28mm tyres, edging towards comfort rather than out and out stiffness, sub 7.5kg.

That Dolan is a NICE looking bike and fantastic spec with Zipps included. Comes in at £3k though and I would have to wait until April. Rare as hens teeth though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't put me off now I am decided! :thumbsdown:
I too think the stealth bomber black is pretty sweet. Full black on black accessories as I upgrade over time. I will need my fluro jacket / jersey though or I will be practically invisible.
What's the point in having a stealth black bike then! I don't get it! :wacko:

Top Bottom