pointless bicycle accessories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I bought a Topeak Race Rocket ages ago which I've never used because I can't. My gardener's arms are buff, so it's not frailty. Am I missing something? I really want to lighten the load.

Always an advocate of posting good news instead of just whinging when things go wrong, here's a good story:

I bought this pump back in 2014 from a shop I can't even remember. As above, I've never used it because 1/ I couldn't 2/ I suspected it wasn't working, but wanted to make sure I wasn't using it wrong or maybe I could fix it. Anyway it got left in my workshop to be forgotten about until a couple of weeks ago.

I emailed Topeak for advice and explained truthfully my issue. They asked I post it to them and they would have a look. At best I thought they may find a faulty valve or seal and at worst I expected it to get lost in the system.

I got back from work today and there, waiting for me was a brand new replacement pump! Happy days. Customer service in the U.K. is coming into the first world. Hooray for Topeak!

Went to spin, saw the stand.

Despite an overwhelming urge to wander on and ask/cry "why o why o why" didn't have the nerve.

First pass no interest at all, second time i wandered past a couple seemed to be showing an interest in something on the stand. Hope they have fun tonight.

Spin as before, saw it all in 45 mins, even with a double/treble tour.

gaijintendo

Veteran
https://www.merlincycles.com/handlebar-heroes-kids-bike-accessory-93111.html

25323_handlebar_heroes_kids_bike_accessory.jpg

(want)

simongt

Guru
As advertised in the latest issue of 'Cycle'; 'Rehook. Get your chain back on your bike without the mess - !' A snip @ £22.99 - ! :eek:
For a piece of moulded plastic with a piece of fancy metal on the end; and what is wrong with a short length of suitably fashioned mudguard stay from one's spares box that costs nowt - ?
Yer 'avin' a larf pal - ! :rofl:

As advertised in the latest issue of 'Cycle'; 'Rehook. Get your chain back on your bike without the mess - !' A snip @ £22.99 - ! :eek:
For a piece of moulded plastic with a piece of fancy metal on the end; and what is wrong with a short length of suitably fashioned mudguard stay from one's spares box that costs nowt - ?
Yer 'avin' a larf pal - ! :rofl:
ah this:

https://www.rehook.bike/

though I think the price you quoted is for two.

but, hey, it's got a silicone strap.

And it is super lightweight.

As a kid I would just look for a discarded plastic bag to put my hand in - there were always lots around.

These days a handy twig or just get the, hey, silicone gloves out of the seatpack.

That thing you highlighted is surely going to be remaindered soon, or re-imagined/marketed as a sex aid or something. For of course if your chain comes off a lot something needs seeing to. And you can always fit a chain catcher/fang. And to hell with any extra grams.

si_c

Guru
ah this:

https://www.rehook.bike/

though I think the price you quoted is for two.

but, hey, it's got a silicone strap.

And it is super lightweight.

As a kid I would just look for a discarded plastic bag to put my hand in - there were always lots around.

These days a handy twig or just get the, hey, silicone gloves out of the seatpack.

That thing you highlighted is surely going to be remaindered soon, or re-imagined/marketed as a sex aid or something. For of course if your chain comes off a lot something needs seeing to. And you can always fit a chain catcher/fang. And to hell with any extra grams.
:eek: what's wrong with down shifting then upshifting? Or the other way round if it drops inside?

Works 100% of the time 90% of the time.:laugh:

Seriously though, it doesn't take much longer than 3 seconds presuming the chains not wrapped around the crankarm. Lots of people seem to drop their chain, makes you wonder.

Top Bottom