Pointless & impractical vehicles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member

A garage manager friend told me about the eccentric owner of the company he worked for who also owned and ran a dairy business. He fancied a Roller so my friend arranged a visit to the nearest dealer where the old guy got out a tape measure and measured the dimensions of the rear seating area.
The Rolls dealer was a bit taken aback at this until my friend explained that it was to ensure that a certain number of egg cartons would fit in as it was the intention to use the car for deliveries which he did himself.
He did buy the car and paid cash. This was in the mid 1960's.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
1000029550.png

Marina Vanden Plas 😘😉

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My MINI EV has a fake supercharger air scoop on the bonnet! :biggrin:

That kind of thing rather annoys me. Making something actually needed into a style feature is cool - Rolls radiator say, or the bulge in the bonnet of the last proper Landies to fit the Ford diesel in, or even exhaust pipes out the sides if the bonnet on a 1930s Duesenberg.

But shyte like pretend extra exhaust pipes on the back and so on is just offensive to my eye

A girlfriend had an Suzuki X-90 in the 1990's, it was slow, it had no space, even for two, it was no fun because it was pointlessly high and it was damn ugly, not cute or weird, just plain ugly. Can't remember when I last one. A really stupid car.
View attachment 528587

reminds me of my future brother in law's Gremlin. used to borrow it in high school for dates. the back seat was really cramped! :whistle:
1694697424630.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom