Police fining cyclist for breaking the law..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

You didn't know you coulnt stop in a hatched area? What did you think it meant? Did you not read the highway code before you took to the road?
Given that tillyflop has displayed a certain tendancy towards a hardline attitude to rljers i can see that qazs point is entirely appropriate but in a wider context i cant see why some people on this forum sole objective seems to be to critiscise and put other cyclists in the wrong. Whatever hgappened to cyclist solidarity and the ideal of a global sisterhood (brotherhood) of cyclists. Cant we just get on. I am prepared to make the first gesture and forgive all those pedal reflector infringing rotters.

I have to admit I've mellowed my view on RLJ since I last chatted about it on here and it has changed from 'Yarrgghhh your going to die!' to 'Lets just concentrate on my cycling':thumbsup:

I still dont agree with it, but I'm not going to shout and scream at people that do ;)

apollo179

I have to admit I've mellowed my view on RLJ since I last chatted about it on here and it has changed from 'Yarrgghhh your going to die!' to 'Lets just concentrate on my cycling':thumbsup:

I still dont agree with it, but I'm not going to shout and scream at people that do ;)

Let me welcome you across from the darkside.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Given that tillyflop has displayed a certain tendancy towards a hardline attitude to rljers i can see that qazs point is entirely appropriate but in a wider context i cant see why some people on this forum sole objective seems to be to critiscise and put other cyclists in the wrong.

Ha ha. I would never in real life shout at another cyclist. They are old enough to make a decision whether I agree with it or not. I'm pretty much a mouse in real life.

Just letting off steam for all those times I have almost been mowed down on a pelican/zebra crossing or nearly knocked off my bike whilst I'm waiting because that dude over there is obviously in labour and needs to get to A&E pronto!

Yeah, by all means take risks if you want, but I think if you then are penalised for it, you should take it on the chin and save the whinging for when the policeman is actually being a bastard to you for no reason.

Whatever hgappened to cyclist solidarity and the ideal of a global sisterhood (brotherhood) of cyclists. Cant we just get on. I am prepared to make the first gesture and forgive all those pedal reflector infringing rotters.

Yeah, I think you're right. Let's all have some tea and Victoria Sponge

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Given that tillyflop has displayed a certain tendancy towards a hardline attitude to rljers i can see that qazs point is entirely appropriate but in a wider context i cant see why some people on this forum sole objective seems to be to critiscise and put other cyclists in the wrong. Whatever hgappened to cyclist solidarity and the ideal of a global sisterhood (brotherhood) of cyclists. Cant we just get on. I am prepared to make the first gesture and forgive all those pedal reflector infringing rotters.
Some people just want to be the better person by being 'right'. As for the brotherhood, if you put me in danger due to the way you flout the rules of the road because they are inconvient for you, then you ride into the sunset all on your ownsome.

Some people just want to be the better person by being 'right'. As for the brotherhood, if you put me in danger due to the way you flout the rules of the road because they are inconvient for you, then you ride into the sunset all on your ownsome.

I'm never right, just some people are more wrong than me :tongue:

MissTillyFlop

I'm never right, just some people are more wrong than me :tongue:

That's a +1!

Mad at urage

In London, at least, there are CCTV cameras at most traffic lights, so if do you do jump it, then it's a TS10 for you and I think that there should be some scheme for identifying cyclists so they can be penalised for breaking the rules and so that previous misdemeanours can be taken into account when deciding the penalty.

I have been fined for stopping in a hatched area on my bike. I did it, I got the fine, I was wrong, I paid up and learned my lesson. I didn't know you couldn't stop in a hatched area, but I should have found out before I got on my bike. I also had to attend a cycling course.

A five year old knows that red means stop. If you don't you shouldn't be allowed out, never mind on a bicycle.
I hope the arrogant pr*ck/mentally subnormal person driving the volvo who RLJ'd to overtake me in N London last Sunday got a TS10 through the post then (I think he objected to my driving at the speed limit, rather than above it).
*Devils Advocate*

No because it wasnt a legal requirement for a cyclist to do so :biggrin:

*Walks off whistling*

PS I used to like reading it when I was little on long car journeys :wub:
TFTD on R4 this morning was about how university learning should be about enthusiasm "Not like reading the HC" :tongue:

Opposite for me! I told someone off for it this morning (but then he did make the oncoming car brake and swerve to avoid him) :rolleyes: .

MissTillyFlop

I hope the arrogant pr*ck/mentally subnormal person driving the volvo who RLJ'd to overtake me in N London last Sunday got a TS10 through the post then (I think he objected to my driving at the speed limit, rather than above it).

Me too - No bloody need!

I would introduce tazering for naughty drivers who deliberately upset/shock/scar/hurt cyclists if I could!

apollo179

So - so long as i dont endanger anyone (as i have repeatedly stressed that i am at pains not to) we are aok on the global brotherhood thing yes ?

MissTillyFlop

I'd take it as a yes.

I think we should have a thread where we just type rude words - no reasons why we feel cross, just get it all out there without any mudslinging.

or one where we just type naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghghghghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Why not indeed? For that matter, why not set the lights onto flashing amber in all directions and let them work it out for themselves? Traffic lights are added to junctions to manage traffic flow and give everyone a fair chance at having their "turn" eventually - if they're not doing that you may as well turn them off.

This is a good point...rather than turn off the lights, set them to flashing amber as suggested. Normal rules of the road then apply! Treat as a roundabout and give way to the right. Makes a great deal of sense really.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I'd take it as a yes.

I think we should have a thread where we just type rude words - no reasons why we feel cross, just get it all out there without any mudslinging.

or one where we just type naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghghghghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

What we need is a swear filter...this changes certain words to something entirely different...everyone would know what was said but noboddy would be offended... done rather sucesfully on another unrelated forum I uses!

For example B'stard becomes Buxton the Blue Cat

See you next Tuesday is Spindle Whorl

Surely we could suggest cycling related words to replace swear words...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom