Police fining cyclist for breaking the law..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

Give me a good reason why the slowest form of road user should be able to run a red light and I will listen. You have not given a single good reason as to why this should be so.

I have.
If you are unwilling to consider any ideas other than your own then what is the basis for discussion or the point in giving other ideas.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I have.
If you are unwilling to consider any ideas other than your own then what is the basis for discussion or the point in giving other ideas.

No you have given a list of special privileges bikes already have and governmental pushing of bikes as the way forward. You also suggest that cyclists are more aware of their surroundings than anyone else on the road. I am sure many will be insulted by that. None of this however is justification for affording bikes any more privileged than they already have.

twobiker

You cannot think for other people, Rlj assumes that because you think it is clear to go then the poor git coming through on a green light that you have'nt seen will be expecting a cyclist to appear in front of him,he will not, if he/she injures or kills you then they will have to live with that forever, for the sake of saving a couple of minutes you will have sentenced an innocent person to a life of misery. Perhaps taking the bike and crushing it if you cause an accident might make people think twice.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You cannot think for other people, Rlj assumes that because you think it is clear to go then the poor git coming through on a green light that you have'nt seen will be expecting a cyclist to appear in front of him,he will not, if he/she injures or kills you then they will have to live with that forever, for the sake of saving a couple of minutes you will have sentenced an innocent person to a life of misery. Perhaps taking the bike and crushing it if you cause an accident might make people think twice.

Amen to that.

apollo179

[QUOTE 1512166"]
That sentence doesn't make grammatical sense.

The US is very different to over here, and we've got by far the better deal for pedestrians and cyclists.

If you'd just care to apply a bit of unbiased logic you'll see it clearly. Why allow rljing? Because it might up the average speed of some cyclists. Why not? Many reasons.
[/quote]
Brilliant come back. :thumbsup:

Dan B

Disengaged member

How on earth do you cope at "give way" junctions without traffic lights to do your thinking for you?

twobiker

Quite easy to cope at roundabouts ,because all the people are expecting a bike/car etc to pull out whereas at traffic lights people expect the red light to mean something

apollo179

I dont think for other people - i check that it is safe for me and others in all circumstances ; traffic lights , t junctions, roundabouts , crossroads. I check it is safe to proceed before i go regardless of right of way because i am vulnerable .
Im on abike.
Cars do not have the same level of insecurity.
Its a difference between cars and bikes.
Hopefully my errors in grammer will not totally negate my point.

twobiker

If a cyclist insists on going regardless of right of way it is no wonder they feel vulnerable, try obeying the traffic light and find it is not such a scary world out there.

apollo179

If a cyclist insists on going regardless of right of way it is no wonder they feel vulnerable, try obeying the traffic light and find it is not such a scary world out there.

If a cyclist insists on regardless of right of way in any circumstances then they are very foolish.
I advise that in all circumstances you check it is safe to go before proceeding for your own safety .

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1512183"]
Coping at a give way junction is easy. Coping at a traffic lit junction is easy. Coping at a junction that is give way to some and traffic lit to others is entirely different.
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom