Police fining cyclist for breaking the law..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
The other problem I see with allowing cyclists to jump red lights is getting the message across to drivers. Most have no idea who a cyclists is allowed to behave as it is and so adding something else into the mix would be highly dangerous.

apollo179

[QUOTE 1512185"]
I assume then that you stop whenever you see a pedestrian waiting to cross the road. If not, you're not fit to jump red lights.
[/quote]
Can you explain your assumption about "stopping whenever you see a pedestrian waiting to cross the road."

dnrc

Veteran
32 pages and the only conclusions we can draw are:

1. it's illegal (and normally stupid) to jump red lights

2. apollo179 is a d1ck

apollo179

[QUOTE 1512188"]
It means when you see a pedestrian at the side of the road waiting to cross then you stop and let them cross in front of you.
[/quote]

Re - pedestrians waiting to cross the road. If they are waiting then it is safe to proceed. You might slow down if you had reason to anticipate a problem but as far as safety is concerned so long as they are waiting then its safe to continue.
I check for safety before i go through a green light.
I check for safety before i proceed.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Re - pedestrians waiting to cross the road. If they are waiting then it is safe to proceed. You might slow down if you had reason to anticipate a problem but as far as safety is concerned so long as they are waiting then its safe to continue.
I check for safety before i go through a green light.
I check for safety before i proceed.

If they are waiting and you run the red light you have committed an offence you Muppet.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1512201"]
In the interests of fairness I will say that I was referring to peds waiting to cross anywhere. My post above this one explains why.
[/quote]

Valid point. and a great argument. In my defence I did say I read your post one way and Apollo another.

apollo179

[QUOTE 1512200"]
Thanks. That's exactly what I meant when I said you're not qualified to rlj even if it were legal.

Traffic lights are there for a reason - to share passage through a junction. Your view is that if another road user is waiting for a gap then you're ok to just go on through. Your attitude stops the fair flow and gives you priority. That's selfish and wrong. See my sig line.
[/quote]

That dosnt make sense.
If pedestrians are waiting at the roadside - i cycling down the road have right of way and i am ok to just go on through.
In this situation i do have priority but nevertheless i would only proceed if safe.
Im not quite getting your point tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom