Police fining cyclist for breaking the law..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

So do you tolerate drunk drivers? Do you tolerate shoplifters? Do you tolerate anger born from frustration?

You seem to be for your own reasons determined to put me in the wrong and back me into a corner.
Please feel free to continue as you have been doing unsucessfully from the day i joined this forum.
But please no more offensive name calling.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You seem to be for your own reasons determined to put me in the wrong and back me into a corner.
Please feel free to continue as you have been doing unsucessfully from the day i joined this forum.

No offensive name calling. Asking for answers to questions.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You asked ""why do you have a problem with "Police fining people for breaking the law?""

I dont.
If anyone gets caught for whatever - hands up - fine them.
You seem to be for your own reasons determined to back me into a corner.
Please feel free to continue as you have been doing from the day i joined this forum.

You have painted yourself into a corner and can not fight your way out.

apollo179

No offensive name calling. Asking for answers to questions.
Like i was asking for answers that resulted in your offensive name calling on the pedal reflector topic (page 15) that caused the moderator to intervene ?
You are happy to dish it out but you cant take it.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Please substantiate this ridiculous claim.

You argue for cyclists being able to RLJ. When asked about your road awareness you show near complete ignorance. You keep on arguing for it without providing any valid information to support your argument. You then change your stance to only at night and if it is safe (but can not define safety) and still exhibit no concept of hazard perception. I could go on but I have some paint to watch dry.

apollo179

You argue for cyclists being able to RLJ. When asked about your road awareness you show near complete ignorance. You keep on arguing for it without providing any valid information to support your argument. You then change your stance to only at night and if it is safe (but can not define safety) and still exhibit no concept of hazard perception. I could go on but I have some paint to watch dry.
If you had asked "
""do you have a problem with the rlj law""
I would reply yes.
But you asked :
You asked ""why do you have a problem with "Police fining people for breaking the law?""
I dont .
I have no problem with the fining aspect at all.

Norm

I really shouldn't read any thread with more than 5 replies before I have my coffee, I get all hormonal. :biggrin:
I fail to see how anyone can responsibly run a red light.
(This applies to many others)

If you fail to see it, what do you think you can take from any discussion? Seeing the other person's perspective, however, objectionable you find it, will make it easier to understand and explain the differences. Otherwise you are reduced to nit-picking irrelevant points and misrepresenting the underlying message.

Failing to see it usually means that you don't want to see it and any discussion (as seen from almost any thread which runs to more than a couple of pages) just becomes posting the same stuff in an endless loop.

**wanders off to get coffee**

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
If you had asked "
""do you have a problem with the rlj law""
I would reply yes.
But you asked :
I dont .
I have no problem with the fining aspect at all.

Have you seen the title of this thread? Currently RLJ is illegal. Cyclist are people. Cyclists are fined for jumping red lights. Thus people are fined for breaking that law.

apollo179

I really shouldn't read any thread with more than 5 replies before I have my coffee, I get all hormonal. :biggrin: (This applies to many others)

If you fail to see it, what do you think you can take from any discussion? Seeing the other person's perspective, however, objectionable you find it, will make it easier to understand and explain the differences. Otherwise you are reduced to nit-picking irrelevant points and misrepresenting the underlying message.

Failing to see it usually means that you don't want to see it and any discussion (as seen from almost any thread which runs to more than a couple of pages) just becomes posting the same stuff in an endless loop.

Great insight as usual from Norm - even this early in the morning.(11am ?)
:thumbsup:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I really shouldn't read any thread with more than 5 replies before I have my coffee, I get all hormonal. :biggrin: (This applies to many others)

Failing to see does not equate to an unwillingness to see. It simply means that I can not understand how it can be so. Before I got seriously into cycling I failed to see why anyone would spend £nk on a bike. Now I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom