Poor customer service from Halfords?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Issue: Spilt fuel cleaner and dirty carpet.
Resolution: Buy some more fuel cleaner* and some carpet cleaner, clean the carpet.

*Actually don't bother. It's a pointless waste of money.

Cold

what resolution would have been acceptable?

A new lid for the bottle or the 16 year staff member with the wispy mustache to come out and clean up the mess with some of that blue paper they always seem to have in car places.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Boot liners are great.

Bootliner_zps4eb17a73.jpg

How do they fit in your wellies?

vernon

Matthew has long standing form like expecting the council to replace the wheelie bin that his father set fire to, free of charge. Back in 2011....

I have literally just had a wheelie bin fire because my father put some ash in it. He hadnt made sure the ash was out properly and as a result the whole bin exploded dramatically. All we have left of it is a pile of melted plastic and ash on the floor. The flames were up the garden fence and I called the fire brigade. My mother later cancelled it as my father had succeeded in putting it out.
We will easily be able to get a new fence from B&Q and will have to mention it to the neighbours.

Luckily nothing else caught fire as the whole house could have gone up if it had struck anything which could ignite.

I know you can get a new bin from the council but do you have to pay for it even though it wasnt our fault my dad was a moron.

Sandra6

Veteran
Well I think they should've taken the shirt off their back and mopped up the mess before giving the car a bloody good valet.
That's what we'd do ;-)
Awaits the rush of irate customers or at least @Ffoeg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
End the 2016 "D'oh! Post of the year contest" right now. We have a winner.

A car driver, who uses fuel cleaner, complains when opened container of snake oil leaks in car boot. In a cycling forum. And somehow this is the fault of the retailer.

The lengths some folk will go to in order to have a pop at Halfords...

(Please tell me it is a spoof... please?PLEASE!)

vernon

I think people are maybe missing the point. Yes I was peed off about it spilling but I was more peed off about the customer service. At no point was I offered any resolution to my issue, all they did was try to sell me more sh1t!

Folk aren't missing the point. You turn up at the store acting like a chancer expecting the store to recompense you in some way for your self inflicted mishap.

Not being there as a witness but guessing from your previous posts you probably were a tad zealous in your insistence that it was Halfords' fault.

Be grateful that they were as polite as they were. I'd have told you to fark off and write what you like in the customer service ratings.

D

Deleted member 23692

@Sandra6 When I worked in retail management (many moons ago) the customer was always right, unless they proved themselves to be an idiot then they were fair game. I think buying a bottle without possessing the skillset to put the lid back on securely would be one such case. I'm not sure what any shop could offer apart from mild piss taking

I think the BBC are planning a special program entitled 'when fuel additives attack' and are currently looking for victims to share their experiences. Any takers?

Top Bottom