Poor driving from someone who should have known better.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I read that as both he and you give way to the cycle path that crosses the road, but he has priority over you as you're crossing his path.

Twilkes

Guru
Agree with the other poster's interpretation, the give way lines are for the crossing; you both had give way lines and the van had crossed theirs before you crossed yours so even with your interpretation there's no reason they should have stopped for you. It's a normal 'turn right when it's clear to do so' situation.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I read that as both he and you give way to the cycle path that crosses the road, but he has priority over you as you're crossing his path.
Nope. I give way to anyone turning in to the storage place on the left, if I’m going straight on. If I’m going across to the right, the traffic gives way to me. Everyone gets that wrong. The infrastructure isn’t brilliant, someone is going to get flattened sooner or later.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Agree with the other poster's interpretation, the give way lines are for the crossing; you both had give way lines and the van had crossed theirs before you crossed yours so even with your interpretation there's no reason they should have stopped for you. It's a normal 'turn right when it's clear to do so' situation.
You’re wrong as well. It’s not rocket science. This is exactly what causes the issue.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Total non-event.
You wouldn’t think that if you got clipped by a bloody great van, getting it wrong.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
The van driver was in the wrong but like you said the infrastructure there is poor and quite confusing, if I’d have been driving the van and wasn’t familiar with the area I’m sure I could have made the same mistake.

I’m not sure it’s worth a complaint against the van driver, I think I would be complaining to council/highways to sort the infrastructure out, it’s an accident waiting to happen for sure.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
No because you've already made up your mind that you are correct.
Simple fact is, I am right. The design was intended as I explained, drivers continually get it wrong, that bit of infrastructure is getting a real reputation round here. I’m just glad I got an example of what’s wrong on camera, without getting killed.

Top Bottom