Port. Is it a con?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
We drink cheap port but only with Cognac. A while ago M&S were selling an end of line vintage port at a stupid price......so we bought the last 6 bottles. Not impressed. On its own or with Cognac we prefer the cheap Aldi one.
Yes, especially when it is drunk while sitting on a park bench, with a brown paper bag wrapped around the bottle. ;)

Drago

Legendary Member
Pork is no con. It's the tastiest sandwich filling known to mankind.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Shouldn't port be mixed with blue WKD to make cheeky vimto a classy cocktail lol.
I used to like those. I don't know much about Port but me and my Gran used to sit some evenings and drink Cockburns. We did try a Tesco "finest" one, and a Taylor's, but we always preferred Cockburns. It was the richest, smoothest and nicest taste. The Taylors is ok but I find it has a heavier tanin aftertaste. Some of the cheaper ones just taste like old red wine

keithmac

Guru
We used to drink Brandy Ports at the working mens club many moons ago before going nightclubbing.

10 Brandy Ports was the Holy Grail (with a few washing pints), but normally ended up at 8 (gets a bit sickly!).

I am not a connoisseur of any type of alcohol, although I enjoy a little of many types, but I have never been able to see the fascination for port. Or gin, whether mass market or artisan.

gavgav

Guru
Don't overindulge. Port gives you an absolutely thumping hangover, as I discovered in my twenties. I haven't touched it since.
I remember drinking half a bottle of port, in my yoof, whilst watching Glastonbury, on the TV, with @Rickshaw Phil and his brother....I fell asleep, woke up and was promptly extremely xx( I’ve drunk it in far more moderation since!!

Top Bottom