Positive or negative police warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Taken from one of the local papers.
Will it help or hinder us, as cyclists, now that the police are warning motorists that there are camera users out there on two wheels?
Police Warning.jpg

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Excellent, the old bill should also have said you may be videod if you use your mobile whilst driving.

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
It hopefully make folk think twice around cyclists; It might make a few folk more anti cyclist but they would be anti cyclist already, so I cant see how it'd hurt us?

G-Zero

Über Member
IMO it will benefit cyclists.

Most drivers won't be aware of what a cycle cam looks like, or how discreet they are, so hopefully will be more careful around all of us and not just those with obvious cameras.

boydj

Legendary Member
Very useful - especially reporting the prosecution. Can only work to make drivers more careful round cyclists.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Problem is it only mentions Halifax, so I'm guessing that's from a local paper?

snorri

Legendary Member
I am reminded of an article in a road transport journal last December in which Phil Flanders of the Road Haulage Association saw the use of cameras by cyclists as a problem for lorry drivers who would now face higher risk of prosecution, and used camera use, among other things, as an excuse for a vitriolic attack on cyclists.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Problem is it only mentions Halifax, so I'm guessing that's from a local paper?

I did say it was taken from one of the local papers.

But doesn't it now set a precedence. Helmet camera footage has been used in a successful prosecution of a driver. Elsewhere on this forum, someone has said that their local police don't appear to be bothered by the fact they have footage.

Bigsharn

Veteran
/me deserves a slap for not reading the OP.

I suppose so, but I've had positive responses from the police anyway regarding dangerous driving

Top Bottom