Possible Solution to My Bar/Brake Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Sittingduck said:

as suspected, the lack of cage on the M520 has made clipping in much easier, clipping out not yet been a problem.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Sittingduck said:
Excellent news MaccyB. Are you finding the clipless experience to your liking so far?

not really been far enough yet, have the Bike Whisperer fitting on Monday, which includes cleat/pedal setup. Now wondering whether I should get another set of the 520's for the commuter bike, as this is the one attending the bike fitting with me.

On the flip side I'm building up quite a collection of spare pedals, saddles and seatposts at the moment. Suspect will be able to add stems to this tally after the fitting:biggrin:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Nice - I am trying to build a collection of spares up myself. Currently trying to secure an 80's steel Pug frame on eBay, that I will convert to fixed if I get it.

For 20 quid-a-pop the M520's are fantastic. Deffo get a set for the bike you're being fitted for, I'd say...

redjedi

Über Member
Sounds like an interesting set-up you've got going on there MacB. I think you may need a couple of extra hands though ;)

To really see the difference with your SPDs, trying going up a hill in a high gear, and pull up on the pedals, you will be amazed at the difference.

Let me know how your bike fitting goes. I want to get it done as well. I did call up the specialized shop in Ruislip but they've got a huge waiting list.

Bike Whisperer sounds good, cheaper and it's only a few miles away.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Sittingduck said:
Nice - I am trying to build a collection of spares up myself. Currently trying to secure an 80's steel Pug frame on eBay, that I will convert to fixed if I get it.

For 20 quid-a-pop the M520's are fantastic. Deffo get a set for the bike you're being fitted for, I'd say...

yep, came to that conclusion, have just ordered another set:biggrin:

Red, will report fully on the Bike Whisperer visit

Top Bottom