Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Went from two sisters, when they were 10, we got Tiggy. Tiggy was 10 when we got Mtoto, but unfortunately he got run over. Gutted. Wife wanted another, so got a rescue as the same time the breeder was so upset, she sent mummy to stud, so we ended up with 4.

2 unrelated cats are harder than 1. 4 cats are fine, no issues ! And still easier than 1 dog.
5 here and 3 'part-timers' 2 of which we know where they live and Fluff (Lord Fluffington) a very aloof entire male who we think is just an independent opportunist

You've got a blue tabby point and a blue tabby. That would certainly tally if they're littermates. Mum only has one copy of the colourpoint gene (it's a recessive).

All colourpoint kittens (regardless of breed) are born white, and the shading on their points begins to develop after a few days or so.

Ragdolls and Ragamuffins are essentially the same breed, a bit like Siamese and Orientals - same body shape but different permitted coat colours.

Because of the way Ragdolls were originally bred and outcrossed, non-colourpointed kittens cropped up in litters. The original founder of the breed only wanted colourpoint, mitted and bi-colourpoint cats and fell out with other breeders who wanted to develop the other coat colours and patterns. Those kittens were used to develop the Ragamuffin breed.

potsy

Rambler
20180808_134638.jpg

Charlie's been with us 5 months now, can't remember what life was like before he arrived, quieter I think.

It's not Accy, is it? :whistle:

Last week he was cogitating in the Mundane News thread about dropping for a bright orange tracksuit... :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
View attachment 440719 View attachment 440718 View attachment 440717 View attachment 440716 Sam looked bored so we played with some toys including the former fur collar of one of my jackets, :ohmy: looks good on the wee guy :wub:

Our first two were silver tabbies like yours.

Our two Raggies are off for their little 'ops' tomorrow - just coming upto 6 months old and already the male, Simba, looks much bigger than rescue Leo (slightly less tall but has lots of fur). Luna is a little smaller and petite being female. All four cats get on great, well the young three leave Tiggy alone - they respect her 'space'.

They are all great fun, and really gel as a group - had no issues (you'd expect that from litter mates) but the two related cats get on well with the others. Leo the rescue has taken on the role of big brother - always on the go checking out what the younger two are upto. He even lets then eat first. He is also very smart - he's got out a few times, but comes back (we keep him in as he has cat flu/is a carrier - the other kittens are Pedigrees and shouldn't really be out as the breed is too friendly). We keep Leo in as he could infect other non-vaccinated cats, but since we've got him well, there has been no sign of illness at all - he is really at his peak, lovely fur, muscular, happy chap.

Night time is quite good - so long as the younger three have had the use of the cat run. The older cat goes out, but she is the one that decides she is hungry at 5am.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
View attachment 440720
Can the CC dog owners tell me if my dog will look daft in one of these?

Asking for a friend :whistle:

Will look good but more importantly will keep him warm when it is very cold.

Here is my long gone Weimaraner in a neoprene wetsuit - very windproof and kept him cosy after a dip in freezing tarns etc. Dogs - daft buggers!

Seen here high in the Cumbrian mountains on a way below freezing winter's day.

Orange-Weim.jpg

Top Bottom