Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
She isn't quite our pet yet but we are adopting Bella- a 15-year old cat from the animal sanctuary, just going through the process- will be a few days yet.

guv6SYR.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
She isn't quite our pet yet but we are adopting Bella- a 15-year old cat from the animal sanctuary, just going through the process- will be a few days yet.

View attachment 449676
:wub:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Well, Bella is our pet now. She's been here 24 hours and she is currently sleeping behind the chest of drawers where I keep my cycling clothes (and not on either of the cat beds we bought- of course).

She has been exploring the flat, has been eating OK. She likes being fussed. So far she is mostly active at night- they put a bell on her collar at the rescue place and I could hear her jingling around quite a bit.

Next thing I need to do is learn to recognize the best time to groom her, had a go this morning but got a deep growl and a swipe from a paw after a very short time.

We'll take her to the vet in a couple of weeks. She recently had a lot of teeth out but was found to be otherwise healthy. She jumps very well for a 15-year old cat!

Will try to get a photo when she comes out of hiding (I can hear that bell jingling so I think she is grooming right now)

Give her time. When I got Poppy, she spent the first night in the airing cupboard, hiding behind the hot water tank. It can take a few days (or sometimes even longer) for a cat to settle. Especially an oldie. If you can interact with her, toys like a teaser wand or a feather tickler are good at tempting a cat to relax and play.

Beds are best placed either near radiators or somewhere up high e.g. sideboard where she can feel secure, preferably in low traffic areas.

Some cats just don't like being groomed LOL. Favourite grooming item here is a fine tooth wire comb, but for a cat who isn't terribly keen, something like a zoom groom or a grooming mitt might be a better option. And plenty of treats as a bribe can work...

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Give her time. When I got Poppy, she spent the first night in the airing cupboard, hiding behind the hot water tank. It can take a few days (or sometimes even longer) for a cat to settle. Especially an oldie. If you can interact with her, toys like a teaser wand or a feather tickler are good at tempting a cat to relax and play.

Beds are best placed either near radiators or somewhere up high e.g. sideboard where she can feel secure, preferably in low traffic areas.

Some cats just don't like being groomed LOL. Favourite grooming item here is a fine tooth wire comb, but for a cat who isn't terribly keen, something like a zoom groom or a grooming mitt might be a better option. And plenty of treats as a bribe can work...

Once we work out where she likes to be we'll try moving beds to those areas- we can't fit one behind the chest of drawers though! a grooming mitt might work, will consider that if I have trouble. With my last cat I just had to catch him in the right mood!

Mrs M

Guru
Our last 2 boys loved being groomed, had to have a brush in each hand to stop them pushing each other out of the way!
Our current 2 don’t mind but think it’s more of a game, more brushing means getting more excited, then they pounce :ohmy:
Only had one cat that hated being groomed and unfortunately he was long haired, still bear the scars :B)

Top Bottom