Post a picture of your pet

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Matthew_T, 2 Jun 2012.

1. Enjoying the bit of snow we have left up here..
    20190202144138~2.JPG

SpokeyDokey, Mrs M, CarlP and 5 others like this.
  2. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Settling in...

TxuJcbp.jpg

3. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

That's good to see :smile:

4. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

So lovely to see, happy cat :wub:

SpokeyDokey and raleighnut like this.
  5. steverob

steverob Über Member

One of our now eight year old cat Hoshi, doing as all cats are wont to do - completely ignoring all the expensive toys we’ve bought her and instead deciding to pass the time by sitting in a paper carrier bag! C137D4D0-001C-4374-A46D-371B2A99886B.jpeg

6. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

:laugh:

Poppy does this too. However, she FIRST emptied the paper bag of the socks I'd bought and THEN sat in it...

IMG_2780_small.jpg

BTW @steverob - sorry, this is the sci-fi geekette in me coming to the fore - am I correct in assuming that the very lovely Hoshi is named after the character of Ensign Hoshi Sato in Enterprise?

7. steverob

steverob Über Member

A little bit, but not completely!

We'd just got back from a holiday in the Far East when we decided to get a cat from our local shelter and as I was rather inspired by that culture at the time, I wanted to give the cat a Japanese sounding name - my wife had picked out the cat while I was at work, so the deal was I got to name her. I tried a few different names out loud but none of them appealed to my wife until I said Hoshi (which is the Japanese word for Star), at which point she said "what, like the linguist from Enterprise?" (she's actually more of a Voyager and DS9 fan, but did watch Enterprise as well) and so I took that as a go-ahead and the name stuck from then on!

Ironically I've since gone on to work for a Japanese company in London - by showing off photos of Hoshi to any of the ex-pats who come over on short term contracts and telling them her name, it probably does more to integrate me with them than any other thing I could do!

8. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Actually, that's really neat :smile:

SpokeyDokey and raleighnut like this.
  9. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

53DE6BBA-38EE-43FE-B398-1B13A85A29F1.jpeg 2DC33217-D2DE-445E-9344-FB35D0028D10.jpeg Sounds very windy out there, :ohmy: think I’ll just stay here for the day :okay:

10. Threevok

Threevok Four Sprung Pork Technik

11. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

Cool pic'. :smile:

Mrs M and Threevok like this.
  12. Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee Veteran

Here is Vinnie.

image.jpeg

He is a very large second hand cat. He has been with us since the end of October and has settled in rather well. He has some unresolved issues surrounding feet! He seems very worried that we are going to kick him and seems worried by large feet in shoes.
    However, he also enjoys chasing feet. If you walk though the house, he often comes hurtling out of ambush from behind the drying washing. Usually it is a mock attack but occasionally he will tag you with his paw. His claws are never out. Slightly disconcerting though! He is a big chap and rather prone to over eating.
    He is playing more now and can totally demolish a length of proper para cord in around three days.

13. CarlP

CarlP There’s no need to live in a pit of doom

2B3BB756-835D-4249-9848-E50D03FE1756.jpeg

Besties.

14. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Mmmmmm, what a wonderful Ginja Ninja :wub:

Secondhand cats can have these odd neuroses, but in a weird way, it makes them more endearing... You should see Lexi every time I open a 10kg sack of cat biscuits or bring in a bulk lot of wet food. (She came from a cat hoarder)

Hugh Manatee, Mrs M and CarlP like this.
  15. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

He’s very handsome :wub:

Hugh Manatee likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice