Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Did you get here from the rescue centre down the A41 near Elstree?

Yes, it's the only one around here. Really hard to get to by bus or on a bicycle!

potsy

Rambler
Enjoying the bit of snow we have left up here..
20190202144138~2.JPG

One of our now eight year old cat Hoshi, doing as all cats are wont to do - completely ignoring all the expensive toys we’ve bought her and instead deciding to pass the time by sitting in a paper carrier bag! View attachment 451281

:laugh:

Poppy does this too. However, she FIRST emptied the paper bag of the socks I'd bought and THEN sat in it...

IMG_2780_small.jpg

BTW @steverob - sorry, this is the sci-fi geekette in me coming to the fore - am I correct in assuming that the very lovely Hoshi is named after the character of Ensign Hoshi Sato in Enterprise?

steverob

Guru
BTW @steverob - sorry, this is the sci-fi geekette in me coming to the fore - am I correct in assuming that the very lovely Hoshi is named after the character of Ensign Hoshi Sato in Enterprise?
A little bit, but not completely!

We'd just got back from a holiday in the Far East when we decided to get a cat from our local shelter and as I was rather inspired by that culture at the time, I wanted to give the cat a Japanese sounding name - my wife had picked out the cat while I was at work, so the deal was I got to name her. I tried a few different names out loud but none of them appealed to my wife until I said Hoshi (which is the Japanese word for Star), at which point she said "what, like the linguist from Enterprise?" (she's actually more of a Voyager and DS9 fan, but did watch Enterprise as well) and so I took that as a go-ahead and the name stuck from then on!

Ironically I've since gone on to work for a Japanese company in London - by showing off photos of Hoshi to any of the ex-pats who come over on short term contracts and telling them her name, it probably does more to integrate me with them than any other thing I could do!

A little bit, but not completely!

We'd just got back from a holiday in the Far East when we decided to get a cat from our local shelter and as I was rather inspired by that culture at the time, I wanted to give the cat a Japanese sounding name - my wife had picked out the cat while I was at work, so the deal was I got to name her. I tried a few different names out loud but none of them appealed to my wife until I said Hoshi (which is the Japanese word for Star), at which point she said "what, like the linguist from Enterprise?" (she's actually more of a Voyager and DS9 fan, but did watch Enterprise as well) and so I took that as a go-ahead and the name stuck from then on!

Actually, that's really neat :smile:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Here is Vinnie.

image.jpeg

He is a very large second hand cat. He has been with us since the end of October and has settled in rather well. He has some unresolved issues surrounding feet! He seems very worried that we are going to kick him and seems worried by large feet in shoes.
However, he also enjoys chasing feet. If you walk though the house, he often comes hurtling out of ambush from behind the drying washing. Usually it is a mock attack but occasionally he will tag you with his paw. His claws are never out. Slightly disconcerting though! He is a big chap and rather prone to over eating.
He is playing more now and can totally demolish a length of proper para cord in around three days.

Top Bottom