Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A friend of mine had to change all the door handles and locks in his flat after his Siamese figured out how to open them... :laugh:

Mrs M

Guru
There’s a gorgeous youngster not far from here, but not impressed with the owner. It seems to escape regularly and runs around the streets. I fear the day it gets hit by a car :sad:
I saw our neighbours gorgeous Spaniel going walkabout up the street earlier.
Haven’t seen him for ages, though they’d given him up.
Never see them walking him, see the kids setting off for school with mum, no doggie.
He would love the wee walk to school and all the attention.
Never spoke to him before but called him over, he came straight across and ran along side me until we got to his home.
Owner appeared and said it’s the 2nd time this week he’s escaped.
I commented what a lovely, well trained dog he was, she said maybe for other people.
Wonder why?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
My mate Geoff's cat could open doors by jumping up and swinging on the handles.

My uncle's cats could do that. They worked as a double act on inwardly opening doors:'one would leap for the handle and the other would use her claws to try and pull the door itself.

We've knobs in our house, so even our clever cat can't manage those.

On a related note my ex's horse could undo the bolt on his stable door. They'd found him wandering round the yard a couple of times until they twigged it wasn't the stable staff being careless. as they spotted the already escaped horse trying to let one of his pals out as well

A cat has a brain the size of a walnut.

But it's definitely a case of quality over quantity. Mostly.

I've had the pleasure of being owned by a cat so dim that he'd dig a hole to poop, not move, poop, then fill up the hole he'd dug, and then, only then, did he realize he actually had to cover the poop as well. It always seemed to surprise him that there was this pile of poop there... :wacko:

Zimbob

Über Member
Bod the kitten working out the kinks with a spot of foam-rollering after a hard day of antics :

IMG_20200828_193449_906.jpg

His Mum, Mila looks a trifle sceptical :

IMG_20200828_193449_915.jpg

I saw our neighbours gorgeous Spaniel going walkabout up the street earlier.
Haven’t seen him for ages, though they’d given him up.
Never see them walking him, see the kids setting off for school with mum, no doggie.
He would love the wee walk to school and all the attention.
Never spoke to him before but called him over, he came straight across and ran along side me until we got to his home.
Owner appeared and said it’s the 2nd time this week he’s escaped.
I commented what a lovely, well trained dog he was, she said maybe for other people.
Wonder why?

Some people are to stupid/cruel not to know that what they are doing is cruel. Not exercising a Springer is the epitome of cruelty.

Okay not everyone can give a dog a nice walk in the countryside but there is always parks etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom