Post a picture of your pet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Old Greenhouse frame ?

No it's actually a purpose made animal enclosure. Was £230 which was cheaper than I could have bought wood for. It's actually sold as a chicken run - it's 2m x 3m and 2m tall. We've dropped it onto unused land at the back of our garden, and it's just visible above our fence (the fence is only 3ft high) - there is netting along the back of the fence as part of the cat run. You can just see the field in the top corner, but there is about 50 foot of brambles between the field and out fence, so I've cut back the 'flat' section near our house. The rest slopes down to the field. I had to build a base for the enclosure to sit securely on and it also adds a bit of weight to it as the frame is quite lightweight.

The enclosure clips together much like a tent and was done in 30 minutes. The time was fitting all the netting and cable ties (about 500 used). It comes with a tarpaulin roof, which we've decided to only cover 3/4 so we can see what the cat's are upto. The cat's quite like the half roof as they were out there in the rain keeping dry. I fitted a couple of extra cross members on the roof to ensure there was a pitch to the cover, to ensure rain doesn't pool.

Still got a fair amount of spare wood to come up with more climbing and jumping options for the cats.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Always!!

He was very helpful earlier too when I was trying to work!

That's one of the reason's I'm working from home in the shed - if I was in the conservatory, one of the four young cats would walk over my keyboard.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Our lurcher is settling in, we'd just gotten him used to us not being home when the lockdown started. It has meant he has built an excellent bond with us, and his off lead behaviour is better. Very quick dog.

He's a jumper mind, the 3ft fence to replace the grass he's torn up on 'zoomies' proves no issue..

He's turning out to be a rather cracking lad.

Mrs M

Guru
Aw help! Sam being eaten alive by a plastic hedgehog and Thomas having a game with dad :wub:
(Currently working on a wee doggie brother for the boys) :ohmy:
May take a while :dry:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
We've taken in this stray, who's been hanging around for years and is well-tolerated by Lord Tigs. He looked as if he'd been dragged through a hedge backwards a week ago, but regular food, flea/worm treatment and confinement indoors have put a shine on him. He was chipped and vaccinated on the day we caught him and he gets neutered in a fortnight (along with boosters and an FIV test). He can go out when I'm happy he'll return...maybe a week or two after neutering. Due to his short legs, he has always been called Dumpy.

Attachments

• 20200712_200723.jpg
    20200712_200723.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom