Post something nice about someone you 'hate'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

You know, like 'say what you like about Mussolini but at least he made the trains run on time'

And, yes, I know you lovely CC'ers don't hate anyone, that's why I put it in inverted commas.

So, go on, make it flippant or make it serious; say something positive about Margaret Thatcher/Jeremy Corbyn, or Harvey Weinstein, or whoever... (it'd be really nice if you were serious though)

I'll contribute later as I don't want the set the tone from post 1.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Richard Branson's record label put out The Faust Tapes which must be equivalent to flying to Jupiter so actually he is one of the greatest spacepersons ever.

I won't proffer one myself, but do recall just about the best one I heard, from Spike Milligan. He was asked what he thought of the new breed of radio 'star', namely Chris Evans, and Spike said the best he could wish him was an early death. Then he was asked if he really meant it, and Spike downplayed his hatred a tad, saying he wished him leprosy instead.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
You mention M. Thatcher. She did have a sense of humour.
She refused to give interviews to political correspondents at one point but the late Kenny MacIntyre who I knew well hid in a cupboard and was not detected by her minders. After they had gone he emerged from his hiding place and asked for an interview. She was so impressed and amused he got an exclusive.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Jeff Bezos makes us laugh with his alter ego Bezo the clown

bozo_RIP_getty_ringer.jpg

OP
OP
Y

yello

Not easy is it? Doesn't come naturally, not at all. To be fair, I think the best I can manage is a kind of begrudging respect.

Boris Johnson is an entertaining speaker.
Jeremy Clarkson can be very funny.
Novak Djokovic is a very talented tennis player.
Lance Armstrong was a supreme athlete.
Cristiano Ronaldo has an astounding work ethic.

Not buts or maybes... oh, I can sense the tingle out there! The itch to add, correct or qualify!

It hurts to acknowledge doesn't? Go on, push into the pain barrier. You'll feel good. It's cathartic even.

It's pains most of us to credit anything to people we dislike or disagree with. It might hurt us of the left to acknowledge that our most disliked Tory is, in fact, an incredibly intelligent and hard working individual, just one with a different opinion and view of how to achieve something. Same goes for dyed-in-the-wool blue with their knee-jerk anti-Corbynism, or whatever. People can easily agree on objectives, it's just the means of getting there divides. Or simple tribalism prevents clarity; no point can be acknowledge, less conceded.

Go on, take a walk in the grey area; the no man's land between your bias and simple humanity.

Top Bottom