Post something nice about someone you 'hate'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Katy Hopkins..............................................

No, that one is too difficult.

Nigel Farage....

I think I can do this one.....

......set up the largest new UK political party since the SDP, and his inspirational and unifying leadership was clearly evident in that it fell apart when he left.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
You know, like 'say what you like about Mussolini but at least he made the trains run on time'
To be fair, the only train he got to run on time was the one he was travelling on. Because he stopped all other trains from running on that route.:laugh:

At least Boris signed off the rent a bike scheme in London, although all the work had been done by the previous Mayor.

steverob

Guru
It's pains most of us to credit anything to people we dislike or disagree with. It might hurt us of the left to acknowledge that our most disliked Tory is, in fact, an incredibly intelligent and hard working individual, just one with a different opinion and view of how to achieve something.
Just curious as to who it is you are referring to here? If it is Margaret Thatcher, then yes I would agree with you. I did not like many of her policies, but there was no doubt she was whip-smart and worked tirelessly to achieve her aims and given the patriarchy of her party and politics in general of her time, it was incredible that she rose to power at all, let alone won three elections, two of which by landslide. But you seemed to be talking in the present tense, so I wasn't sure.

If however it is the current PM you are referring to, then hard work is the one thing I don't think you can ever accuse him of. Virtually everyone who has ever worked with or alongside him has always mentioned in interviews that he is only interested in having power but not in putting in the hard yards to achieve it. By coasting off privilege, the work of others, playing people off against each other and blagging whatever else he can, he's managed to get there, so maybe kudos to him for working out the most efficient route to the top I guess?

Just curious; what did these two do wrong. I might be lost to some of these personalities.

Novak Djokovic is a very talented tennis player.
Cristiano Ronaldo has an astounding work ethic.

What did Lance do right to earn a reprieve?

Ronaldo winked.
Now I remember :rolleyes:

To be fair, the only train he got to run on time was the one he was travelling on. Because he stopped all other trains from running on that route.:laugh:
yep i understand that the trains on time thing is revealed as largely mythical if you read contemporary accounts.
Mussolini made things up as he went along - lots of inefficiency and corruption.
He was an excellent bullshitting journalist with a talent for PR though.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
yep i understand that the trains on time thing is revealed as largely mythical if you read contemporary accounts.
Mussolini made things up as he went along - lots of inefficiency and corruption.
He was an excellent bullshitting journalist with a talent for PR though.
A bit like our current PM then:laugh:

Top Bottom