Post your PSI's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As for Teef, well he's just a hopeless case and too boneheaded to notice the level of jarring
Powers of observation not diminishing inversely to your bicycle spares emporium then, Al? :becool: Soft tyres are rubbish on a road bike, whichever way one looks at it (unless, of course, you're a superheavyweight like Stuaff and they just LOOK underinflated...)
I have been doing a bit of playing with fat tyres/lower pressures etc and they do take a bit of getting used to! I understand why they are best used on bicycles which pass by trees and rocks...it makes one look faster than a sloth.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Powers of observation not diminishing inversely to your bicycle spares emporium then, Al? :becool: Soft tyres are rubbish on a road bike, whichever way one looks at it (unless, of course, you're a superheavyweight like Stuaff and they just LOOK underinflated...)
I have been doing a bit of playing with fat tyres/lower pressures etc and they do take a bit of getting used to! I understand why they are best used on bicycles which pass by trees and rocks...it makes one look faster than a sloth.

Depends what you call fat really, I don't think 700x32 is fat, it looks quite sleek to me, fat begins at 700x40 :whistle:

But I rule out nothing, if I ever reach a point where I'm fit enough to pedal at a constantly high rate, for long enough, then more slender tyres might be a consideration again.

But before I do that we could see how I stack up on 32s against you on 23s, bit of a challenge like, shall we aim for sometime in June/July? Could be a laugh and would give me an aim to get fit for.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I thought we were talking pushbikes, not my Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line. Anyway every time I mention my Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line, the Guardian readers on here get their knickers in a twist and I end up getting banned by their moderator buddies so I'll see you in about 5 days (or whatever ban they deem appropriate for me mentioning my Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line 3 times in one post) :smile:

Cubist

Still wavin'
120/140 Ultremo 23.

I got a pinch flat on Friday, so I've put them up nearer the limit. I'll let you know if it's a bit harsh tomorrow......

Keith Oates

Janner
I try to keep mine in the 100 to 120 psi range on the roadies but on the MTB I just go by thumb pressure on the tyre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peelywally

gatorskins 23 front110psi , back i dont know just squeezed it used co2 to fix puncture on the bloody thing ,
i will pop it to 115/20 using pump tomorow after emptying it of co2

Top Bottom