Powder coating / Re Spraying Costs ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
My surosa doesnt have any lacqure as such its already scratched to hell, I am looking at keeping it and upgrading the groupset and also getting the paint sorted.

I am wanting a Brawn GP style scheme, with the majority bright white and some bright green strips at the front.

What sort of costs would I be looking at and where would you reccomend ?

Thanks

PpPete

Legendary Member
My local powder coater said £50 for any single colour, but only £35 for plain black or white as they are running those all the time.

You could get a white all over then mask-off and rattle can the green stripes on top?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
When I had my CC bike powder coated in white i think it was about £40, which seems to be around the going rate. Not sure how many stripes you'd want but most graphics places will probably do them for around £10

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I think it depends on where you are too. I had mine done recently in Hackney - one colour, £64 (frame & forks). Like most things it's cheaper 'oop North.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A proper enamel coating with that detail would be way over £100. Fancy jobs bump up the cost. Then add some cost for transfers.

Atlantic Boulevard are the local ones for enamelling.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Cheers for the advice people, if I go with a simple option can I put transfer on after and then spray lacqure over them ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I've talked to Millhouse down GBH a couple of times about powdercoating, they charge £60ish for a standard frame and fork. I think frame and fork can be different colours. More detailed work involving a spray job will be £90 at a minimum.

£30 strip and rebuild too if required.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Rob3rt said:
I've talked to Millhouse down GBH a couple of times about powdercoating, they charge £60ish for a standard frame and fork. I think frame and fork can be different colours. More detailed work involving a spray job will be £90 at a minimum.

£30 strip and rebuild too if required.

For £60 I could go white on the frame and green on the forks and then add decals after ???

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
gb155 said:
For £60 I could go white on the frame and green on the forks and then add decals after ???

Not 100% sure about the frame and fork being different colours but yeah £60 for a white frame and green forks if I remember correctly. I deleted the facebook conversation a while back. You could add decals and laquer later but I'd be tempted to do it all in one go so you don't have to strip and rebuild twice. Plus any damage to paint between both processes will effect final finish.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Rob3rt said:
Not 100% sure about the frame and fork being different colours but yeah £60 for a white frame and green forks if I remember correctly. I deleted the facebook conversation a while back. You could add decals and laquer later but I'd be tempted to do it all in one go so you don't have to strip and rebuild twice. Plus any damage to paint between both processes will effect final finish.

Cheers I'll pop in once I have finished the upgrades, already get the brakes and rear mech sorted :tongue:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
gb155 said:
Cheers I'll pop in once I have finished the upgrades, already get the brakes and rear mech sorted :tongue:

May I ask, why are you bothering to put the upgrades on when you will have to pull it all to bits for powdercoating?

I did the same to my fixed bike, in the end I didn't powdercoat because I didn't want to pull it all back off, Hah. Hopefully send it in about 2 months.

BTW GBH lost the powdercoat sample book according to some guy on london fixed gear and single speed - Manchester sub-forum. When I'm at a pc rather than using my phone ill grab the link to the online colour chart of the paint brand their powdercoater uses for you to get an idea of the range of colours. Bear in mind will look a bit different on every monitor or printer, but will give an idea.

Top Bottom