Power meters. t

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave147

I ride maybe once or twice a week 40-50 miles a ride just for fun and exercise. I don’t now about power meters but they interest me. I know it’s just gone be a figure on my Garmin. Are the any cheaper ones to look out for can’t justify spending to much. Or are the nit really worth it

Thanks Dave

Unless you're competing (or planning to compete) regularly and already at the limit of the amount of time you can afford to spend on the bike then, for most people, I'd suggest they're probably not worth it. The cheapest will be something like the Watteam or single-sided stages for which you're still talking around the £300 mark - which for most people is a lot of money for a number which will be of interest / boasting value only.

If on the other hand you're regularly competing on the bike and are can't actually spend any more time in the saddle (without getting divorced/fired!) then they're a pretty cost-effective way to gain power (and therefore time), probably second only to getting a professional coach (and certainly more cost-effective per second saved than new wheels or a fancy skin suit ;) ).

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

I thought as much would be nice to see the power fingers but not £300 plus it isn’t unless I come in to money. Think it’s that I like
My gadgets. Thanks for the info

Top Bottom