Power Meters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is this 'great pedalling technique in the pro peloton' of which you speak? Can you describe it, or provide any links?
"Or provide any links"?

We could do this all day. There has been 100's of articles from coaches, pro's and sport scientists regarding pedalling technique and/or efficiency in cycling. Probably just as many disputing the claims. Thing is we don't need concrete evidence to have an opinion. I made mine based on my experience and i've no doubt that others can too.

May we agree to disagree?

As far as I can tell, 'the pros' pedal in exactly the same way as everyone else does.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
As far as I can tell, 'the pros' pedal in exactly the same way as everyone else does.

Just because it is as far as you can tell does not mean that this is the case.
commentators keep describing Contadors pedaling technique during climbs as "dancing on pedals".
I have never heard the same words used to describe the pedaling technique of Froome, Wiggo, Cav, Sagan which suggests differences in the way they pedal has been observed.

Just because it is as far as you can tell does not mean that this is the case.
commentators keep describing Contadors pedaling technique during climbs as "dancing on pedals".
I have never heard the same words used to describe the pedaling technique of Froome, Wiggo, Cav, Sagan which suggests differences in the way they pedal has been observed.

So now you're using Phil Liggett as evidence..?? Come on man, you can do better than that....:laugh:

OP
OP
Zofo

Zofo

Veteran
or in your case.....'cluelesse'... :biggrin:
that's your reasoned argument is it? Seems you have a habit of talking crap on here-guess its the microwaves what did it , eh ?:laugh:

Mr Haematocrit

So now you're using Phil Liggett as evidence..?? Come on man, you can do better than that....:laugh:

You stated your opinion, I stated the opinion of other people.
I never presented the opinion as being evidence or attributed it to anyone at all, it was you who interpreted it in that manner...... I just expressed that other people have observed differently to yourself. :headshake:

amaferanga

Veteran
WTF ? Try using your eyes--ever heard of "souplesse" ?....nah didn't think so

Next you'll be saying everyone needs to ride fixed....

Still waiting for someone to post a link to a peer reviewed article that clearly demonstrates that we need to do anything specific to improve endurance cycling performance through improved pedalling technique.

Mr Haematocrit

Who's talking crap now? I'll give you a clue - it's not me.

You sure?
You interpreted a comment I made about your opinion in a manner you desired and attributed it to someone I did I not.
You then proceeded to ridicule the person you attributed to expressing this opinion by suggesting I can do better than that person, as if to suggest his opinion or view has little value
This is without noting that at no point did you provide any evidence to support your opinion. By your own standards this makes your statement carry no more weight than what Phil Leggett, myself, or anyone else on his forum think.. its your opinion, its not fact

You responded to my post by talking crap

You sure?
You interpreted a comment I made about your opinion in a manner you desired and attributed it to someone I did I not.
You then proceeded to ridicule the person you attributed to expressing this opinion by suggesting I can do better than that person, as if to suggest his opinion or view has little value
This is without noting that at no point did you provide any evidence to support your opinion. By your own standards this makes your statement carry no more weight than what Phil Leggett, myself, or anyone else on his forum think.. its your opinion, its not fact

You responded to my post by talking crap

Seriously, come on. You offer a throwaway line by a TV commentator (Liggett, Duffield, Sherwen, whoever) as evidence of some 'pro' pedalling technique and you are then suprised when you get ridiculed for it? Yes, I did assume you could do better than that - although I'm now beginning to wonder...

Mr Haematocrit

I see your not reading the posts correctly again :banghead:
I stated that you attempted to ridicule the person (Phill) you decided to attribute the comment to for holding a view which is different to your own. I made no reference at all about feeling ridiculed myself..... so its only your inability to read my posts without interpreting them to suit your needs which surprises me.
Please continue to wonder, it might help :giggle:

Top Bottom