Pre-ride snack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Wow! Sounds like you could give Michael Phelps a run for his money. Is that your standard diet?! You're not in training for anything? That brekkie has got my mouth watering (just because I don't eat meat doesn't mean I don't miss it) but 11 slices of bread and a full garlic baguette in a day?! .
Yeah that's a typical day. I know if I sorted my nutrition out I would be a better cyclist but I haven't the urgency to do it at the minute. I burn a shed load of this off during my commutes, currently averaging 50+ miles every day at 18.5 mph average. I fully expect the daily mileage to be hitting 70/80 a day as the lighter mornings approach, anticipating these to be completed at around 20 - 22 mph average this year.

I'm not in training for anything in particular, not racing anyway. In June I'm planning on riding a 205 mile trip with a target time of 10.5 hours but I'm not specifically training for it as such, not yet anyway...

How did the extra food intake go today?

OP
OP
EasyPeez

EasyPeez

Veteran
currently averaging 50+ miles every day at 18.5 mph average. I fully expect the daily mileage to be hitting 70/80 a day as the lighter mornings approach, anticipating these to be completed at around 20 - 22 mph average this year

Those are some pretty fearsome stats. In the Derbyshire hills too...respect!

How did the extra food intake go today?
Def made a difference. Apricots+nuts+choc flapjack at 5pm and I flew home (by my standards that is, not yours!) at 6pm despite the worst head wind yet this year. Still fell on the wife's cooking like a rabid dog at 7pm too, so no issues with it spoiling my appetite. Cheers.

Top Bottom