Pre-ride snack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Location
Derbyshire
Wow! Sounds like you could give Michael Phelps a run for his money. Is that your standard diet?! You're not in training for anything? That brekkie has got my mouth watering (just because I don't eat meat doesn't mean I don't miss it) but 11 slices of bread and a full garlic baguette in a day?! .
Yeah that's a typical day. I know if I sorted my nutrition out I would be a better cyclist but I haven't the urgency to do it at the minute. I burn a shed load of this off during my commutes, currently averaging 50+ miles every day at 18.5 mph average. I fully expect the daily mileage to be hitting 70/80 a day as the lighter mornings approach, anticipating these to be completed at around 20 - 22 mph average this year.

I'm not in training for anything in particular, not racing anyway. In June I'm planning on riding a 205 mile trip with a target time of 10.5 hours but I'm not specifically training for it as such, not yet anyway...

How did the extra food intake go today?
 
currently averaging 50+ miles every day at 18.5 mph average. I fully expect the daily mileage to be hitting 70/80 a day as the lighter mornings approach, anticipating these to be completed at around 20 - 22 mph average this year

Those are some pretty fearsome stats. In the Derbyshire hills too...respect!

How did the extra food intake go today?
Def made a difference. Apricots+nuts+choc flapjack at 5pm and I flew home (by my standards that is, not yours!) at 6pm despite the worst head wind yet this year. Still fell on the wife's cooking like a rabid dog at 7pm too, so no issues with it spoiling my appetite. Cheers.
 
Top Bottom