Preferred way to navigate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well pardon me for not having perfect eyesight like you :tongue:

Edit: and my colour namer app says they're "warm purple" not pink. I'll go check the paper version now.

ETA: the 1991 and 1993 paper maps I have identify them as a purple and the same shade as the road under construction. The cover is identified as "strong pink".
OS refer to them as pink.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If having to lose one or other to a thief, I know which would be relatively cheap and easy to replace:whistle:.
I agree: maps are now nearly £10 a sheet and shops for them are very rare, while there's several phone shops on most high streets :laugh:

OP
OP
old soup

old soup

Thanks for all the insights and recommendations, ill probably have a combination of paper maps and using a smart phone to help navigate. But I was hoping more to find a reliable system that doesn't cost much to download, etc for the android. I'll try OSMand out.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Road under construction, why would you be riding on a road under construction?
Ridden/walked/humped my way through a few closed/under construction roads. You are on a bike. Not many places you can't go IMO.
12269163083_8c3ea34a62.jpg

MarkF

Guru
All paper for me, I buy them used from Ebay if I can. Spreading out a big map in front of me, opening a cold beer and letting my imagination run riot is a big part of tourings enjoyment for me.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They can be heavy if you have 5 or 6 on you, which I do, but wow, the pleasure they give. I get the same maps out at home when I am bored and re-ride the trips sat in the garden, with more beer! :cheers:
So paper maps are preferred by people who sit about dreaming about riding more than actually riding?

:popcorn:

Top Bottom