Preferred way to navigate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These days, both, although I haven't done anything more than a few days in the last decade or so but I love maps

20170422_104826.jpg

freiston

Veteran
These days, both, although I haven't done anything more than a few days in the last decade or so but I love maps

View attachment 348733
Is that a rocket dust blower on the shelf below?

I'm glad I'm not the only one:
33416770343_59656fc59a_b.jpg

I haven't done any long trips for a long time but I tend to use a combination of electronic and paper (and compass). Osmand maps on my phone for all of the UK - so I don't need a signal (but GPS location does help) - you can get a good part of Europe too, I believe. Wwhen I was younger and used to go further, I used road atlases quite a bit - getting a sheet for the main area of interest/destination.

jay clock

Massive member
Who needs maps and all this digital stuff as long as the sun is on your back getting lost is all part of the fun relax and enjoy have fun
however my 3 day tour to France depends on getting to the ferry on time, so some planning is needed

bigjim

Legendary Member
Who needs maps and all this digital stuff as long as the sun is on your back getting lost is all part of the fun relax and enjoy have fun
Not for me. I hate getting lost. I like to plan and I like to know that I have a bed waiting for me at the end of the day. Does not always work out like that of course. I've ended up sleeping in some dodgy places and sometimes next to some dodgy people, but all part of the dance I suppose.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not for me. I hate getting lost. I like to plan and I like to know that I have a bed waiting for me at the end of the day. Does not always work out like that of course.
I also like to know I'm not going to be trying to figure out how to avoid a motorway to get dinner before places in some small town are closed. You try your best - prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

classic33

Leg End Member
Now we are talking!
There was a better one as you came off the bridge in Killaloe. Had 39 pointing left and right, and a few facing over the bridge. Removed because it was behind the times, mainly the old black on white ones.

Top Bottom