Premium bonds - weird coincidence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I know someone with the maximum holding who won nothing this month and nothing last month, they are not happy.
If one has 50k in the bank and are not happy then maybe one should look at their life choices :whistle:

presta

Guru
I have two different holder numbers. One is on a card with my name and address on it, and the other card has me named as the bond holder, along with my fathers name and address. I assume that the latter was taken out when I was too young to hold them myself, so the operator told me to register a web/phone account using the other 'adult' one. When I did that, I got the details of just one £2 bond taken out 20 months before I was born!?!?
So their computer is showing 1956, my screen shows 1957, my DoB is 1958, and the Bond was bought in 1976. They don't know why, so I'll send a minimum deposit of £25, and see if it disappears.

Regarding the other account, I've just applied to close it, and was rather bemused to find that I just enter the bond and bank account numbers and that's it, no security checks or anything. I hope they're cross-referencing the addresses on each account, otherwise there doesn't seem to be anything much to stop anyone helping themselves.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I reckon to get something nearly every month. Last couple of months got £50 and missed out the month before.

Top Bottom