Premium bonds - weird coincidence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Spend as I have the max, or maybe it goes into other savings. I don’t monitor my finances especially closely :laugh:
Just make sure I pay myself and HMRC every month

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I too have set mine to reinvest, and like you, have a long way to go to get to the 50k limit.

Current plan is to put any spare money into them, keeping a small amount back for unexpected emergencies.

My retirement fund for when I get fed up of this working lark ^_^
I do that. put £400 or so into my ISA every month but the interest drops like a stone in January. I will look about. If I can find nothing suitable, I will pop the money into premium bonds. Nice and safe. Money left in my bank account on payday goes to the premium bonds, to the nearest £25. Keeps the numbers straight. I have it set to reinvest. Lots of savings scope until my pot is full.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The reduction in prize payouts has been noticable for the past couple of months. Just £25 in January.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
When we moved house 10 years ago, I had £400 in PB's. Wrote to tell them of the move and they acknowldged it, then I forgot all about them. Decided a few months ago to stick a couple of grand I had in a 0% account into PB's but couldn't get logged in to my account.
Turns out there was a problem with my account, had not been updated properly at the time and had been frozen. Took a couple of weeks but sorted now. Logged on to find I had won £125 over the 10 years, which for a £400 baance seems a good rate of return.
Plus another £25 this month as well.

Top Bottom