Pressure washers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
The hose that came with my Direct Hoses one is 10m long, they will make any size you want, reinforced rubber hose with brass fitting etc.

screenman

Legendary Member
Just goes to show how marketing works, most of the big names when sold for around £100 do not last well, yet they keep selling, whilst the smaller local style makers hardly get a look in, sad really.

gbb

Legendary Member
A motor rewinder told me years ago, he used to repair the motors on bigger ones...he'd been doing some work for someone who worked for one of the bigger manufacturers (can't remember who now). The internals are plastic, they are (or were) only designed to last IRO 30 hours...just 30 hours (roughly speaking) . The reckoning was many people buy one, use it as little once or twice a year, 1/2 hour each, some for a few hours work per year, machine packs up after 2, 3 or 4 years and the owner thinks...well, it is 4 years old :okay:. But of course in reality, it's done very little real work.
A triumph of minimising manufacturing costs and getting away with it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Old Halfords own brand one here, still going strong, many years old and just bought a new hose for it, and my lad has a Karcher.

Oh and I've also got my cheapie £15 car 12v powered washer for cleaning off a dirty bike before it goes in the car - good enough just to get the mud off, but not a pressure washer !

Levo-Lon

Guru
A motor rewinder told me years ago, he used to repair the motors on bigger ones...he'd been doing some work for someone who worked for one of the bigger manufacturers (can't remember who now). The internals are plastic, they are (or were) only designed to last IRO 30 hours...just 30 hours (roughly speaking) . The reckoning was many people buy one, use it as little once or twice a year, 1/2 hour each, some for a few hours work per year, machine packs up after 2, 3 or 4 years and the owner thinks...well, it is 4 years old :okay:. But of course in reality, it's done very little real work.
A triumph of minimising manufacturing costs and getting away with it.

I suspect there's a lot of truth in that.
Most people either wash a car or a patio a few times so a few hrs each yr

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I bought a reconditioned karcher K2 for £70. It's 2 years old and done countless hours blasting the paving in the back yard, washing the bike and washing the other half's car. Been dragged around and knocked about and drenched in water.
It gets emptied after each use and is kept indoors but it's still going strong.

OP
OP
I
Well, after much stewing, it was a tie between Nilfisk and Direct Hoses, ended up going for direct hoses - they seem infinitely repairable which swung it for me.

Cheers all for the input:okay:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Well, after much stewing, it was a tie between Nilfisk and Direct Hoses, ended up going for direct hoses - they seem infinitely repairable which swung it for me.

Cheers all for the input:okay:
That's good, my Nilfisk blew up immediately after I turned it on. I have had to work hard with Amazon to get it sorted.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
What brand new? That is pants............
It is from Amazon Warehouse, looked like someone had put it together and then sent it back. I wonder if it blew up on them and they “repaired” it. Looking at the reviews at least 20 people have had the same thing, so I guess a dodgy batch.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I can`t believe that. I work in a hospital and a lot of the cleaning staff use Nilfisk kit, so I thought if it`s good enough for that, it`s worth a look. Obviously not then...........:wacko:
From the little research I have done, the industrial stuff is good, the consumer can be good, but also can be terrible. I have a replacement coming, also from the warehouse, so let’s see what happens with this one. For sure I will be testing before I build it.

screenman

Legendary Member
I can`t believe that. I work in a hospital and a lot of the cleaning staff use Nilfisk kit, so I thought if it`s good enough for that, it`s worth a look. Obviously not then...........:wacko:

Like Dulux paint, the cheap stuff is cheap and the expensive stuff good.

Top Bottom