Preston Critical Mass begins this friday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

veganfishcake

Oh yes! Preston Critical Mass has it's very first event this friday! We're meeting outside the Adelphi pub at 5:15pm and then cycling around town for a couple of hours, and then we'll probably go to a pub for a drink afterwars!

Thankfully I am not close enough to see or join in with this stupidity.

Very apt slepping mistake in the last word.

PK99

Legendary Member
veganfishcake said:
Oh yes! Preston Critical Mass has it's very first event this friday! We're meeting outside the Adelphi pub at 5:15pm and then cycling around town for a couple of hours, and then we'll probably go to a pub for a drink afterwars!

Is Preston big enough to cycle round for 2 hours?

gavintc

Guru
Tharg2007 said:
Touche, its not stupidity, its called "fun", you should try it some time.

Fun - cycling slowly around a town with the intended aim to antagonise as many motorists as you can meet in 2 hours. Sorry, but your intended actions are simply counter productive and help to alienate the average cyclist from the general public by this ridiculous form of protest. You might as well find as many red lights to go through, together with a bit of pavement cycling. Grow up and start to take a more responsible approach to living in our society.

Personally, I think you CM cyclists are a disgrace and give cycling a bad name.

gavintc said:
Fun - cycling slowly around a town with the intended aim to antagonise as many motorists as you can meet in 2 hours. Sorry, but your intended actions are simply counter productive and help to alienate the average cyclist from the general public by this ridiculous form of protest. You might as well find as many red lights to go through, together with a bit of pavement cycling. Grow up and start to take a more responsible approach to living in our society.

On that bombshell, I think I'll give the Manc one a go. Plus there may be fit student girlies. 18.00 outside Central Library if anyone is up for it. Although it doesn't really start until 18.30.

My car does 5mph in Manchester anyway so I couldn't give a sh1t.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
gavintc said:
Fun - cycling slowly around a town with the intended aim to antagonize as many motorists as you can meet in 2 hours. Sorry, but your intended actions are simply counter productive and help to alienate the average cyclist from the general public by this ridiculous form of protest. You might as well find as many red lights to go through, together with a bit of pavement cycling. Grow up and start to take a more responsible approach to living in our society.

you obviously never been on one to talk such bollocks. it's a gentle ride round. traffic is only blocked on side roads until the group has passed. the one in manchester is received with good natured humour. for once try supporting fellow cyclists who on the behalf of all cyclists trying to make other road users aware of how vulnerable we are.

gavintc

Guru
I have seen a video of of one. Slow cycling around a city, blocking the road and generally make a nuisance - a really excellent way of sharing the road.

OP
OP
V

veganfishcake

shauncollier said:
you obviously never been on one to talk such bollocks. it's a gentle ride round. traffic is only blocked on side roads until the group has passed. the one in manchester is received with good natured humour. for once try supporting fellow cyclists who on the behalf of all cyclists trying to make other road users aware of how vulnerable we are.
You speak the truth! I saw a Critical Mass ride before I ever went on one, and it just looked like loads of fun. On the Manchester Critical Mass rides I've been on, no car has ever bipped it's horn at us in anger or annoyement, and often we get people clapping and cheering as we pass them. I think if you have never witnessed a critical mass ride you can't comment on it, cause most of them aren't as bad as you think.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
see you there guys. my mate will be on my brompton and i'll be on my worn out scott genius ss fs mtb. we are going to have a load of bevvies and make a night of it again. so you'll be looking out for two fat middle age blokes from the burbs

OP
OP
V

veganfishcake

shauncollier said:
see you there guys. my mate will be on my brompton and i'll be on my worn out scott genius ss fs mtb. we are going to have a load of bevvies and make a night of it again. so you'll be looking out for two fat middle age blokes from the burbs
Are you going to the Manchester one or the Preston one?

Top Bottom