Pretentious waffle please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Jacques Derrida is good for this sort of thing (or perhaps I am just too thick).

“Is often confused, sometimes calculated, forgiveness with similar themes: the apology, regret, amnesty, prescription, etc.. As many meanings some of which fall under the law, a criminal law which the Forgiveness should in principle remain heterogeneous and irreducible ”

“There is in deconstruction, a self-explanatory figure [autoaffection] which imposes its necessity in accumulating the forces trying to repress it [autoimmunity]”

“As long as the other as other have not been in any way” welcomed “the epiphany in the withdrawal or visitation of his face, there can be meaningful to talk peace . With the same one is never alone”

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The Student Union of, I believe, Manchester University wanting audiences to do Jazz Hands instead of clapping as the noise of clapping might distress some of the poor might.. Bless.

I'm sure Al Johnson would be amused.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Back in the day the then Rank Xerox used to refer to 'enforced secondary career opportunity'. Ie, you're sacked mate.

I worked for the DWP until I was put on 'the descending flight path of headcount'.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Brian Sewell or anyone describing a painting in an art gallery.
See how the artist has used stipples of blue and grey to describe the angry motion of the sea.
See how it pulls the viewer into the painting and makes them seasick as they move up and down with the tide.
Smelling of salt and vinegar and craving fish and chips boats telescopes Bournemouth pier and all nautical things.
Using predictive text blue green turquoise and sea creatures abound.
Sand where it shouldn't go. How much for a deckchair??? Now I want an ice cream. Now my bus back to reality is late. I really shouldn't eat pickled onions before I go to bed.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell (elder brother of Gerald Durrell) was pretty good for it. Here's a ripe bit:

It is idle to go over all this in a medium as unstable as words. I remember the edges and corners of so many meetings, and I see a sort of composite Justine, concealing a ravenous hunger for information, for power through self-knowledge, under a pretence of feeling. Sadly I am driven to wonder whether I ever really moved her - or existed simply as a laboratory in which she could work.

It's pretty much all like that for the first 180 pages.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Brian Sewell or anyone describing a painting in an art gallery.
See how the artist has used stipples of blue and grey to describe the angry motion of the sea.
See how it pulls the viewer into the painting and makes them seasick as they move up and down with the tide.
Smelling of salt and vinegar and craving fish and chips boats telescopes Bournemouth pier and all nautical things.
Using predictive text blue green turquoise and sea creatures abound.
Sand where it shouldn't go. How much for a deckchair??? Now I want an ice cream. Now my bus back to reality is late. I really shouldn't eat pickled onions before I go to bed.
Sorry, but I think you are wrong about Brian Sewell. He was utterly wonderful.
[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3G618-hxgA[/media]

Top Bottom