Pretentious waffle please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I've mentioned on CC before about the time I was sorting out a complaint at work for a female colleague and I was asked, "Have you interfaced with her since the last email?"

Pretentious nonsense.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We do enjoy Grand Designs, if only for sneering in a superior way at the naivety of the people who always under-estimate the costs, which of course we would never do, oh no! :laugh:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Anything with "artisan" in the description.

E.g. bread, beer, cheese etc

It just conjours up images of hipsters with large beards acting like utter nobbers.
'Artisan' is often used with 'curated' for added nobberness. The art world tends to throw up a lot of this sort of thing, such as " her fractured post millennial discourses at once situate and refuse to situate themselves in the interstitial space between meaning and non meaning".

U

User169

'Artisan' is often used with 'curated' for added nobberness. The art world tends to throw up a lot of this sort of thing, such as " her fractured post millennial discourses at once situate and refuse to situate themselves in the interstitial space between meaning and non meaning".

I try not to get too het up about stuff like this, but "curated" really gets my goat.

Nonethewiser

Largely used in a business context:
Overarching
Blue sky thinking
Thinking outside the box
24/7
Leverage
Culture of
Co-worker

There's others, the list is long but the life is short!

Largely used in a business context:
Overarching
Blue sky thinking
Thinking outside the box
24/7
Leverage
Culture of
Co-worker

There's others, the list is long but the life is short!

That company of yours is anachronistic. We've moved on since 24/7 and thinking outside the box. It is far worse now. I'm no longer in the game so maybe some of our current Office Johnnies can help out?

Slioch

Guru
Gin with hand foraged botanicals.

Actually, I'm kind of ok with that. I'm quite getting into the gin "thing" at present. And I definitely prefer Fevertree tonic water over Schweppes, and I'm also quite picky over what fruit I stick into it. Maybe I'm turning into a nobber? :eek:
:cheers:

Architecture is the masterly, correct and magnificent play of masses brought together in light. Our eyes are made to see forms in light; light and shade reveal these forms; cubes, cones, spheres, cylinders or pyramids are the great primary forms which light reveals to advantage; the image of these is distinct and tangible within us without ambiguity. It is for this reason that these are beautiful forms, the most beautiful forms. Everybody is agreed to that, the child, the savage and the metaphysician.

Actually, I'm kind of ok with that. I'm quite getting into the gin "thing" at present. And I definitely prefer Fevertree tonic water over Schweppes, and I'm also quite picky over what fruit I stick into it. Maybe I'm turning into a nobber? :eek:
:cheers:
I'll give it a try one day. I'm sure it is delicious. But what the hell is "hand foraged"? What is a "botanical"? Hand-picked leaves?

Top Bottom