Pretentious waffle please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Some years ago at a place where I was employed I was referred to as a bristled cleaning implament operative.

Seevio

Guru
Some documents I wanted from Santander turned out to have been dematerialised ie shredded.why not just say shredded?
Are you sure they were shredded and not beamed up to the mothership?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
I remember buying a packet of crisps which were described as "Gloucester Cheddar and Pan Fried Shallot" flavour.
They tasted very much like cheese 'n' onion to me.
yes, lots of that - for the same reason it's very often, supposedly, sea salt and balsamic vinegar these days - that's marketing b***t though.

Slioch

Guru
I worked for the DWP until I was put on 'the descending flight path of headcount'.

I worked for one of the major banks, and they went through a spell of using the term "rightsizing" to place a positive spin on the all too frequent occasions where they went through an exercise to destroy peoples livelihoods. It was unsavoury and disrespectful.

Anything with "artisan" in the description.

E.g. bread, beer, cheese etc

It just conjours up images of hipsters with large beards acting like utter nobbers.
I get incredibly angry when dealing with a certain web framework that uses words like "artisan" and "eloquent" as names for its components. Like, get the **** over yourself.

Kevin McCloud likes to wax lyrical at every opportunity.

'Indeed, one is taken on a veritable voyage of nausea into the carcass of a much-neglected ruin laid waste by time and poverty: however splendour returns to the ancient habitat and is once again a ziggurat to behold'. (my words, not his). :smile:

Every decently-made object, from a house to a lamp post to a bridge, spoon or egg cup, is not just a piece of 'stuff' but a physical embodiment of human energy, testimony to the magical ability of our species to take raw materials and turn them into things of use, value and beauty.

I do like him, though and enjoy watching Grand Designs.

Top Bottom