Preventing wet hair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And far from being a stupid question, quite possibly this is the most important question ever posed on cycle chat. I'm sure that helmet hair is what keeps most girls off their bikes.
It saddens me to say it, but I think that you are on to something there.

I remember somebody doing a survey a few years back asking why women wouldn't ride a bicycle to work and it was apparently a big turn-off, along with arriving at work sweaty. Ah - details here.

Number14

Guru
I think that you need to find the right helmet. Try one of these....

http://www.google.co...s:0&tx=83&ty=44

That's not very practical.

You need one of these:

nubrella-1.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
The buff might be a goer....

(In case you haven't seen them, Buffs are longish tubes of jersey fabric that can be worn as hats, scarfs, bandanas, all sorts...)

If you pull one down round your neck, and then pull it all up like a hairband and spread it out so that it forms a sort of tight headscarf, it would keep the worst of the rain off a pony tail.

http://www.buffwear.com/pages/house-of-buff.php

(other cheaper copy versions are available)

quassleberry

I too have curly hair but in a medium length bob, due to time constraints at work I don't have time for anything other than a rub over with a towel. Consequently it does it's own thing held back with an alice band or clip, and has been dubbed as a 'wash & go' style. The more rainwater it collects the curlier it goes. I have to keep enough length to weight it down to avoid a 'Kevin Keegan' perm look.

It causes much amusement & comments relating to my sanity when I arrive dripping wet to the point a previous manager used to do a rain dance (quite effectively) every time I was cycling and provided the 'girls' with the idea when they passed me to wave and use the windscreen wash!!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
You could be uber practical, have all your hair shaved off and keep a selection of wigs at home and the office....problem solved

Adasta

Perhaps something like this?

I'm not sure how long your hair is but perhaps you could "put it up" a bit with some hair grips and then fit the cap over the top? When you get off, you can take off your helmet, take off the skullcap, remove the grips and shake out your hair like the "nerdy but secretly sexy with her hair down" girls you see in American Teen movies?

zacklaws

Guru
It Sunday night now and I'm a bit tiddly so it might sound stupid from someone a bit stupid, but why not just give your hair a spray with WD40, it works on my bike!