Prince Philip "retires"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
My dad, a naval man, wasn't a fan.

"I knew him when he was a two-ringer, the f******g scruffy b*****d couldn't be a***d to polish his shoes..."

I don't know what a "two-ringer" is, I'm afraid, and I can't ask my dad unless someone has Psychic Sally's phone number.

My dad, a naval man, wasn't a fan.

"I knew him when he was a two-ringer, the f******g scruffy b*****d couldn't be a***d to polish his shoes..."

I don't know what a "two-ringer" is, I'm afraid, and I can't ask my dad unless someone has Psychic Sally's phone number.

I would say this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lieutenant_(navy)
100px-Generic-Navy-O3.svg.png

The Essex Spurs

I saw a Pathe News film of him when he visited the Island of Nut and commentator said lots of local Nutters turned out to greet the Royals.I couldn't stop laughing!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What amazed me was that, for someone who rarely entered my field of reference on the news or anywhere else, the extraordinary amount of airplay the non-story received across the media.
Must have been a slow news day.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
What amazed me was that, for someone who rarely entered my field of reference on the news or anywhere else, the extraordinary amount of airplay the non-story received across the media.
Must have been a slow news day.
Rumours were flying round that he was dead at first, and The S*n and The Heil got a bit premature. The resulting coverage was probably partly down to them trying to cover themselves up.

Plus, there was no election coverage, by law.

Mrs M

Guru
Will he get a telegram from the Mrs if he reaches 100?

Top Bottom